|Announcements in Forum : Pay It Forward... Freebies!|
New Classified Ad Rules Effective May 1st 2011
Specific Requirements for the Classifieds Forum are as follows:
1. You can only list personally owned items, and/or request/WTB items for yourself. “Selling (or buying) this for a friend/family member” ads, and 3rd-party sales/purchases are prohibited.
Additionally, NO eBay, Craigslist, or outside linking of for sale items!
If you have stuff in auction on eBay, then sell it on eBay. We will not have the items placed here also. List your product here, try to sell it here, then take it to eBay, Gunbroker, auction-arms ect...
2. You must list a price. Ads without a price will be deleted. It is ok to list a price and OBO (or best offer); however, no auction-style listings...if you want to run an auction, take it to eBay, etc.
3. Do not bump ads older than 30 days without moderator approval. Ads older than 30 days will locked if they get bumped.
4. Do not bump an ad more than once within a 24-hour period. Ads bumped multiple times within 24 hours will be locked or deleted.
5. Remove previous bump posts so as to keep the size of the threads to a minimum. Nobody wants to have to search through 4 pages of "Bump" or "ttt" posts simply to find information on the item listed!
If not removed, mods will remove them and/or delete the thread if it gets out of hand.
6. If you commit to buy or sell, please immediately reply with a PM or email to make arrangements.
7. If an item is sold, please mark it so.
8. For WTB items in the Parts Wanted section, once you have found/purchased the item(s) desired, delete the thread so as to save other members' time and allow for other threads to have visibility.
9. Keep the classified threads clean of extraneous/fluff comments and questions, regardless of how innocent or praiseworthy. This prevents derailing the thread and generating wasteful, opinonated discussions.
If you have a technical or knowledge question relating to a listed item, start a new thread or search and add to an existing thread.
If you want to thank or praise a seller or item, DON'T do it in the sale thread as it unnecessarily bumps a stale thread, and said comments will be deleted. Instead, take the same time to post in the Buyer/Seller Feedback section here:
Basically, if you don't have a question DIRECTLY related to a sale/trade/purchase of a specific thread, don't post! And this particularly applies to stomping a members ad concerning their asking price.
We will not tolerate members stomping another member's ad concerning their asking price.
This also includes posting low-ball offers. If you want to make an offer lower than the asking price, even if it states OBO, do it via PM or email.
Those who continually stomp or hijack other member's ads will face temporary, and even permanent suspension of their forum privileges.
10. No duplicate or multiple threads in different sections for the same item. Pick one section, the most applicable, and post there. Additional duplicate threads will be deleted.
11. Profile Requirements
To start a thread in the in the Classifieds, your Profile must contain:
A. A valid email address
B. Your FIRST and LAST name as well as your STATE of residence. Your profile privacy settings must be set to at least allow registered users the ability to view your profile info, i.e. - Not set to "Friends only."
C. You must "enable receive email and PM’s" in your Control panel if you intend to buy or sell.
12. You may not use the signature block function to solicit purchases, trades and/or sales. That is why we have the Marketplace...post a thread with your specific WTB, WTS, WTT ad.
You may have up to two lines stating your are looking or searching for a particular rifle/weapon and serial number.
As with individual posts, signature blocks/lines are subject to the same forum rules and will be handled accordingly if they violate any forum rules, policies/procedures.
Buyers and Sellers should verify each others identity before sending money and/or products. Get each others phone number and have a quick conversation if that works.
The Marketplace sub-forum and sections within are intended SOLELY for the mutual benefit of forum members as a resource to support each other's collecting and/or shooting goals.
It is NOT intended for, and will NOT be used by members strictly as a repeated, for-profit venture/operation. Members found to have clearly abused this policy will lose the ability to post in and use the Marketplace, and potentially have their forum privileges suspended, temporarily or permanently.
The CMP, any of its staff and forum administrators/moderators assume NO liability or responsibility for Marketplace transactions. Members will use at their own risk!
With your help, we can make the CMP Forums safe for all.
If you have any questions, please contact a Moderator
Marketplace/Classified Ads Posting Rules:
This is taken from the "Rules and Guidelines" from the "Site Announcements" found here:
Marketplace/Classified Ads Posting Rules:
Vendors (or people selling quantities of the same item) must first contact the Administration (members: GhostInTheMachine)
NO eBay, Criagslist, or outside linking of for sale items.
If you have stuff in auction on eBay, then sell it on eBay. We will not have the items placed here also. List your product here, try to sell it here, then take it to eBay, gunbroker, auction-arms ect...
There will be no "auction-style" selling here.
If you post an item for sale and it says anything like "I will take the highest offer" it will be removed. If you want to run an auction, take it to eBay.</font></font><br>
Sellers in the marketplace are REQUIRED to have their full name in their profile.
Full names (First and Last Name) will be required in your profile. Users with obvious fake names in their profile or those that fail to put their full names and location in their profile will be deleted. We'll send you a reminder first by email.
Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
There is tendency to post negative replies when someone lists an item for sale that others consider "overpriced". Negative comments will not be tolerated. To put it simply-If you don't have anything good to say; keep it to yourself.
Omission of information is also known as fraud.
Example: If you are selling a rifle stock that has a 9 inch crack in it you need to disclose that information to the buyer. Do not tell the buyer that the stock has "light scratches" only.
If it’s determined that you defraud a member by failing to disclose crucial facts about your items, your access to this section will be restricted and you may be banned from the forum.
Use this section at your own risk.
There are a lot of scams out there so take precautions in your business ventures. The Civilian Marksmanship Program WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF USING THIS SECTION. As a suggestion: sellers should consider using delivery confirmation to avoid conflicts from buyers; saying they never received the products. Buyers, get to know the seller a little before you blindly send cash. If something does not seem right; it probably isn't. If something seems too good to be true; it probably is.
Respect fellow members.
This section is a great place to support/help out fellow members and occasionally make new friends. Please be respectful to your fellow members. Maybe try selling here to a member instead of eBay, maybe save them a buck or two. If you have any questions, problems or concerns feel free to contact an Admin.
PLEASE try to go back and mark SOLD when the item sells.
This will help eliminate the old threads coming back up, as well as help those looking for specific items.
Lastly, don't forget the <b>Buyer/Seller Feedback forum.</b> Be sure to express a good or bad experience with your buyer or seller, and let others know what to expect. Also be sure to check there for a member if you are concerned BEFORE you buy.
1. Describe your item in the title.
2. Post a price, easy to find, not just lost in the paragraph of description.
3. Give ALL details. i.e color, size, year, make, model, etc
4. POST PICTURES
5. Put "For Sale" in the title of For Sale items, put "WTB" for items you Want To Buy.
6. List shipping, pick-up or delivery options for the buyer.
7. Be sure to add "SOLD" one the items are sold.
1. All spammers get banned instantly and permanently.
2. Inappropriate or out of hand threads shall be closed with or without reason posted for the closure or deleted at the discretion of the Mods/Admins.
1. If you cannot follow the rules set forth, your posts may be deleted, removed, or edited by the Moderators.
2. If you repeatedly do not follow the rules set forth, you will be banned from this section or from the CMP-Forum for any length of time from 2 days to permanently, at the discretion of the Moderators.
NOTE: These rules can change at any time. Administrators and Moderators have the right to make any decision that fits the website and its users.
The opinions and posts on this site do not necessarily reflect those of The Civilian Marksmanship Program.
Rules -PLEASE READ!
Rules can be found here:
* No flaming or insulting of other members. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned. (We are quite serious about this folks).
* Vendor bashing will not be tolerated. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
* When posting, try to use descriptive titles for your threads to enhance the searchability of the site. Thread titles such as "Help Me" or "Dang this sucks" should NOT be used. Instead try titles like 'Need Help with Sights', 'How to Perform Stock Refinish', or 'Vibration in Handguard". This will help other people search the site with better accuracy and make it easier for people to help you out.
* Everyone has a personal opinion and they will often differ from others. If you get into an argument over something, debate the issue, not the member. If you feel the need to get into a heated discussion with someone, send them a private message. Personal debates on the forum will not be tolerated.
* Do NOT post copyrighted material on this Forum without consent of the Author or properly giving credit. This could be from another website, or a book that you personally own. The owner/Admins of this site will not be held liable for any copyright infringement of this type, and as such, will prevent (to the best of our ability) it's posting in public. This is for the protection of ALL members.
* Do NOT post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws. These types of messages will not be tolerated. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
* Try to avoid thread hi-jacking. Moderators will be looking for this and will more than likely split the topic if it gets too drastic.
* Do not post any info, posts or threads regarding the process of going to the estore and artificially placing a large number of items in your cart simply for the purpose of seeing what inventory remains of an item carried on the estore!
This activity slows down the estore and can cause problems with it crashing, errors in people's carts and/or orders, and inventory errors, particularly during periods of high demand/traffic.
Anyone making such posts on the forum will be warned once, then have their forum privileges suspended at least temporarily for a second violation. Further violations can result in permanent suspension.
* Your account may be revoked at any time for any reason.
The following enforcement policy is now in effect:
1st offense - warning by PM (or Email)
2nd offense - banned for one week
3rd offense - banned for one month
4th offense - banned for one year
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is intended to be a mainly technical website for professional, courteous, and intellectual discussion of the CMP rifles, matches and related events. We are an online community founded by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. Please enjoy your stay!
- CMP Staff