PDA

View Full Version : S & K Scope Mount Owners

TommyD11730
08-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Hey Guys

Added a S & K scope mount to my "shooter" Garand. Put a Bushnell 3-9x40mm on it. Only way I could mount it was by rotating the scope 90 degrees. Otherwise the turrets would not allow the clips to load.

So Just wondering, what scopes you guys are using.

Thanks!

Tommy D

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1131&d=1366087693

douglas34474
08-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I have a S & K mount, but it sets on the bench. There is no way to mount the scope far enough forward to get a good eye relief.

scottie
08-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I used a Blackhawk 3x9 mil-dot that has adjustable turrets. I also used weaver offset rings to bring the scope back far enough to clear the ejecting clip. To get the correct eye relief I put a 1 inch butt pad on from midwayUSA and used my left eye to sight and kept a normal cheek weld without a cheek pad. What i liked about this setup is I could easily correct for the compounded parallax corrections for elevation and windage at different ranges. It worked fine but if I were to do it again I would get a Ultimak and a 3x12 burris scout scope.

TommyD11730
08-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks douglas34474. I was not able to get the best cheek weld, but did not notice an eye relief problem.

scottie, yes I see the "new" mounts are for lack of a better word scout type scopes. Not really my bag, but in the eys of most no more or less of an abomination then the S & K mount! If my eyes were only better I would shoot through the irons only.

Tommy D