View Full Version : S & K Scope Mount Owners

08-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Hey Guys

Added a S & K scope mount to my "shooter" Garand. Put a Bushnell 3-9x40mm on it. Only way I could mount it was by rotating the scope 90 degrees. Otherwise the turrets would not allow the clips to load.

So Just wondering, what scopes you guys are using.

Tommy D

08-25-2013, 10:30 PM
I have a S & K mount, but it sets on the bench. There is no way to mount the scope far enough forward to get a good eye relief.

08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I used a Blackhawk 3x9 mil-dot that has adjustable turrets. I also used weaver offset rings to bring the scope back far enough to clear the ejecting clip. To get the correct eye relief I put a 1 inch butt pad on from midwayUSA and used my left eye to sight and kept a normal cheek weld without a cheek pad. What i liked about this setup is I could easily correct for the compounded parallax corrections for elevation and windage at different ranges. It worked fine but if I were to do it again I would get a Ultimak and a 3x12 burris scout scope.

08-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks douglas34474. I was not able to get the best cheek weld, but did not notice an eye relief problem.

scottie, yes I see the "new" mounts are for lack of a better word scout type scopes. Not really my bag, but in the eys of most no more or less of an abomination then the S & K mount! If my eyes were only better I would shoot through the irons only.

Tommy D