PDA

View Full Version : m14 stock

deputy85
08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Got my stock today, it wasnt wrapped in any paper just ina box, i had asked for one with the das and a walnut one, cmp met both , thats probably why its not in a sealed bag as i've read others are, p is strong and das while almost sanded off is still partially there, walnut looks nice outa finish out nice, metal is as new/reparked?/ and no bedding material in it,,:GS: one thing that surprised me was that it came next day air, was shipped yesterday and the same fedex guy that brings my rifles brought the stock,,,,

hammonje
08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I got five today, but am at work. My luck they will all be birch. I hate birch stocks, but the metal is all I was after anyway.

IditarodJoe
08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
deputy85 - Mine came yesterday. Yours sounds identical, except that mine has a fairly strong DAS and a weaker proof P. Just the right number of shallow dents to appear honest. I'm a very happy camper. :D

I have a question . . . I can easily lift the top-hinged buttplate, but is there a trick to getting the trap to open?:o

IJ

deputy85
08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=IditarodJoe;183607]deputy85 - Mine came yesterday. Yours sounds identical, except that mine has a fairly strong DAS and a weaker proof P. Just the right number of shallow dents to appear honest. I'm a very happy camper. :D

I have a question . . . I can easily lift the top-hinged buttplate, but is there a trick to getting the trap to open?:o
>>> there should be a little slide switch on there to push with a bullet tip or small screwdriver tip

IditarodJoe
08-28-2010, 04:19 PM
there should be a little slide switch on there to push with a bullet tip or small screwdriver tip
Thank you sir . . . another one of life's little mysteries unraveled!:GS: