PDA

View Full Version : This is sorta like gambling.

kilroywashere
11-30-2010, 02:27 PM
I feel the situation with the bayonets and M1D accessories is like gambling. You hit the site, push the button, and wait for the jackpot.

I know this might make a few people mad, but it is kinda fun. I didn't need the items I bought to feed my family, this isn't a matter of life or death, and it is providing cheap entertainment reading all the posts of success stories of those people who hit the jackpot and got what they wanted.

I just picked up two more bayonets for my father-in-law. My wife found out the price and told me to get them for him for Christmas. He is a veteran who trained with the M1 Garand and the M-14. He would have liked an Oneida, but he is getting a PAL and an AFH.

Idempotent
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
That's a good way to look at it. You aren't entitled to get any of these sweet bayonets at a cheap price; you're just lucky if you do end up with one.

Besides, they had a small supply to serve a large demand. Having a site that couldn't handle the large number of interested buyers isn't the best way to deal with that dynamic, but it's still better for us buyers than, say, setting the sale prices much higher, or sending them all through auction, or whatever.

drywash
11-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Got one! Would have ordered one more but needed a carbine bolt tool worse. Got mod. PAL. Might have seen two wars.

kilroywashere
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Idempotent;231753]That's a good way to look at it. You aren't entitled to get any of these sweet bayonets at a cheap price; you're just lucky if you do end up with one.

That is kind of the way it is with lots of things. I have gotten lots of good deals just because I was in the right place at the right time and was paying attention.

Charlie59
11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
It's also like hunting-for game, for collectibles, or for "you-know-what".