PDA

View Full Version : Which bayonets did you order and...

reelguy
11-30-2010, 11:40 PM
why?

I ordered SA and RIA bayonets... I like the thought of having a bayonet with a "serial number" ;).

m62-m76
11-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Utica Cutlery, PAL Tool and Blade, American Fork and Hoe.
They all sound cool!!!

BIGCMPFAN
12-01-2010, 05:43 AM
It is 6:30 am EST and they still have the Rock Island Arsenal bayonets. Being from Illinois (and having visited the arsenal and museum) I believe I will order some. The serial number is a bonus. I want a bunch, like 8 or 10, for me and 3 friends to each have a couple. Since everybody has had access for 2 - 3 days, is this still going to be poo-pooed upon?

Craftsman
12-01-2010, 08:44 AM
It is 6:30 am EST and they still have the Rock Island Arsenal bayonets. Being from Illinois (and having visited the arsenal and museum) I believe I will order some. The serial number is a bonus. I want a bunch, like 8 or 10, for me and 3 friends to each have a couple. Since everybody has had access for 2 - 3 days, is this still going to be poo-pooed upon?
Order what you'd like, in our great free marketplace. You don't have to tell/clear it with anyone!:)
Everything we buy today, eventually, will get "redistributed" again! (Hopefully not too soon.)

yumbeef
12-01-2010, 08:53 AM
03 springfield armory, because its springfield armory
03 oneida, because i just bought some flatware from them (even though they now make flatware in indonesia and not NY :( )
04 utica, because i wanted a bayonet that wasn't cut down and actually manufactured as a 10" model.

dave tengdin
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
The only manufacturer I really wanted, was the Boise Cascade / Weyerhauser version which was used by special forces in the Transylvanian invasion and occupation. Those sold out really fast I guess.

curtis
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Wanted to get a Oneida but sold out so i ordered a RIA i already have a SA, UFH and Utica bayonets. Wanted get one from the other government Arsenal.

beardog
12-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Got a couple Pal uncuts and OL cutdowns. I was in the system ready for the bayos to be released and then saw a message the system was going to be shut down. Not thinking the bayos would be released after the computer issues in the morning I logged out and went for a walk. Came back forty minutes later and saw the bayos were up for sale. Could not get back on the CMP e-store for 3 hours. Just had a white screen that just kept churning. I am very happy with what I was able to get. I would have purchased a couple Wildes and I was in a tossup between Pal and OL uncuts. Probably would have ordered a couple each of those. This is my story and I am sticking by it.

DRBECKER
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
3 RIA cutdowns and one SA Cutdown

Why well they could have been in WWI, WWII and Korea lots of history.
IMHO a cutdown is just as neat as an original M1 and in the Army supply system they were the same. The as made M1s are not dated the cutdowns will be. That maked them neat to me.

skohler
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Early on in the transition to the 10" M1, some manufactures dated the blades 1943. This did not last long and were undated after that. So there are M1's that are dated 1943, I don't believe there are any dated 1944.

John Rippert
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
1 SA cutdown, because it is SA. 1 PAL cutdown because Rick said he was going for a PAL.:D

Sly One
12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
1 Oneida uncut and 1 (really only one) Wilde Tools. Why? Because I already had the others. Scabbards are/were scarce too.

kilroywashere
12-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I bought 300 Wildes, 200 Oneida uncuts and 300 Oneida cuts, and a couple of thousand of the 'common' ones. You can all have a shot at them. I am listing them on Gunbroker and Ebay.

Sorry couldn't resist. I am so sick of people bashing others for their good fortune due to the perception that dealers bought in bulk.

Actually, I purchased 2 AFH, one cut PAL, one uncut PAL, and three uncut Uticas. I am keeping the PALs and one of the Uticas. The rest are gifts for fellow Garand junkies. They make a heck of a stocking stuffer:D

deputy85
12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
multiples of each

Det. Jason 714
12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Multiples of each Dep85? That is awsome.