CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   M1 Garand (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   WTS: CMP M1D Garand SG sniper rifle (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=37638)

notorious_m1 02-19-2011 09:35 AM

SOLD: CMP M1D Garand SG sniper rifle - more pics

SOLD: CMP M1D Garand SG sniper rifle

<edit:>
The barrel & receiver are in great shape - looks to have been test fired at most. The buttstock has a very nice pattern in it. It also has a milled trigger guard, which locks up solid.
I'm not a Garand expert, and I have not detail stripped the gun, but so far I noticed it has the following parts:
Springfield Armory - Barrel, Receiver, bolt, Trigger Housing, & Hammer. </edit:>Op-rod is also SA marked. <edit:>The safety is marked "IHC", and the gas plug screw is marked with what looks like a "P" and "o".<edit:>

The only problems I see are the rear sight cover is loose (cheap & easy to replace), and the buttstock itself is dry - it will need some oiling, and possibly a little sanding / steaming depending on how you want it to look. But like I mentioned, the grain is really nice, and the handguards should match very closely once everything is oiled.

</edit:></edit:><edit:><edit:>
The CMP hardcase, Garand owner's booklet, one Enbloc clip, and chamber flag will all be included with the rifle. The CMP certificate will accompany the rifle if desired. I will also throw in an extra Army field manual (covers the M1 Garand rifle) as my way of saying thanks for helping me free up some cash! I am not making any profit on this, just want to get back what I paid for it. I also have plenty of positive feedback here on the board.

SOLD to patio
$1522 /FTF - $40 additional if shipped/insured to your FFL. If you are a Texas resident, this can be shipped directly to you. Copy of valid DL or CHL, and bill of sale will be required.

I will answer PMs, but first "I'll take it" rules.</edit:></edit:>

sjames 02-19-2011 12:47 PM

Where in Texas are you?

notorious_m1 02-20-2011 11:41 AM

I'm in the south Houston area.

tomjak 02-22-2011 01:45 PM

M1d

I am interested, I am located north of Houston. I am selling a vehicle Friday and if that works out. I would have the funds.

notorious_m1 02-27-2011 11:14 PM

additional pictures

the grain of the wood gets really wild from the pistol grip area towards the buttstock. The remaining grain has a very strong character and looks better in person. It should match up well when everything is oiled.
Of course the stock will need a little bit of attention as it is dry and has a few dings, but it is good USGI wood as it came from the CMP. The pistol grip has a non-serif 'P' on it. Lock up is nice and tight.

I don't have gauges, but the rifle is graded as a CMP 'Service Grade' M1D rifle. The crown is in excellent shape, and the bore looks extremely nice. The bullet test was performed with '66 HXP M2 ball.

notorious_m1 03-05-2011 09:51 AM

saturday bump!

patio 03-10-2011 09:04 PM

I'll take it.