CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The CMP has discovered a cut and paste error in previous announcements! (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=272370)

ADMIN 11-25-2020 11:59 AM

The CMP has discovered a cut and paste error in previous announcements!

The CMP has discovered a cut and paste error in the previous announcements on the CMP 1911 web page. If you have already purchased a 1911 - you are NOT eligible at this time.

Find information here: https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/

weimar_police 11-25-2020 01:10 PM

yes, thats a shame - I really wanted a field grade

majorfa 11-25-2020 03:49 PM

error

Yea me too, but what the hay, at least the hoarders / resellers don't get another just to make a profit and someone that really wants one that missed the first round may get one. Just me 2 cents.

Ma Deuce 11-25-2020 04:44 PM

I have waited for two years now for the second round announcements and for them to tell us two years later when all the other orders have been filled and its time for us to make our second purchase seems very unfair, They had two years to catch this ummm Mistake. And reverse it,To tell us were not getting our chance to buy our second .45 seems very unfair. I waited a long time for this opportunity checking the page very often so I did not miss out on the second round. Its very sad how they are handling this.

Ma Deuce 11-25-2020 04:46 PM

They should Honor what they said even if it was a mistake because it took them two years to tell everyone and right when they released the second round of pistols were supposed to be able to purchace.Thats Sad,Not the CMP I have known for many years

Ma Deuce 11-25-2020 04:48 PM

CMP also did not Discover it,it was a customer,that wanted to buy a pistol because he was waiting for all pervious orders to be filled and buy his second .45 as was stated that everyone would be able to purchase a second .45 after all the first round orders had been filled,He was told rudely he was incorrect that the Admin had been there since the program opened and he had never heard of that and who was They who told him that, They was the CMP who said it in print,He was kind enough to go check though and found out that He was indeed wrong and the customer was right,And the Customer was then told he could not Purchase a pistol that it was a mistake, Can they please post the mistake here for all to see? I have waited a long time to purchase my second Pistol like the original rules said.

GuapoPogi 11-25-2020 05:24 PM

I wanted a second too, but it does not seem worth getting so upset over. You never know, maybe the second round will only receive 3,000 packets and they can open it up to people that want a second. Or maybe they will allow people that received a first to buy on auction. Unless you sold off the pistol you got on the first round, in which case it is your fault, most will tell you, just be happy the Government allowed this to happen and you got a pistol. Anyway you look at it, this is the CMP's field, bat and ball and if we don't like it we can leave at anytime.

GuapoPogi

Ma Deuce 11-25-2020 06:32 PM

Unfortunately it was for a WW-2 Family member as CMP knows,We firmly believe if they clearly stated after the first rounds orders were filled we could all order a second one,Then we waited two years or more to do that,You would think they would at least honor the one that asked why they were not selling them to everyone now like it was stated instead of giving a rude answer. Who is they that told you that,I have been here since the beginning of the program and I've not heard that, Thats pretty rude don't you think when the message to them was very nice. And explained it was to be a gift for a WW-2 Vet and we had waited a very long time to get another one, Now we have to tell the vet CMP has said no that they went back on what they said. If you state something clearly, leave it that way for more than two years you should Honor it. Not when the other orders are filled then change the rules on people, You had two years or more to do that. It took them over two years to catch a mistake as they claim it is? I think it was stated pretty clearly at the inception of this program what the rules were.Dont wait till the Bottom of the ninth inning with two outs to change them .

Ma Deuce 11-25-2020 06:41 PM

We will find one someplace else ,but it wont be the same to our WW-2 family member as they were looking forward to a original one from CMP, He will be disappointed as we are ,but I guess I will just give him mine and not tell him about this fiasco. And ill just suck it up.

SEANinMICH 11-25-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Deuce (Post 1989723)
I have waited for two years now for the second round announcements and for them to tell us two years later when all the other orders have been filled and its time for us to make our second purchase seems very unfair, They had two years to catch this ummm Mistake. And reverse it,To tell us were not getting our chance to buy our second .45 seems very unfair. I waited a long time for this opportunity checking the page very often so I did not miss out on the second round. Its very sad how they are handling this.

Pretty sure 1911 sales have always been advertised as one per lifetime. Not sure why you thought you’d get to buy another