CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Daisy 853 (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=74786)

krazykarl 04-24-2012 08:42 AM

Daisy 853

Are the used Daisy 853's available at the North store? Is this item e-store only?

Thanks!

Karl

m1garand1055 04-24-2012 10:12 AM

I have seen them at the North Store everytime I go out these past 2 yrs.Theres always a rack of them against the wall where you turn your paper work in.

GarandGrabber 04-24-2012 11:48 AM

Maybe the best $100 I ever spent at the North Store..Great indoor practice and keeps the rabbit population in check. Deadly accurate little rifles

krazykarl 04-24-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarandGrabber (Post 584050)
Maybe the best $100 I ever spent at the North Store..Great indoor practice and keeps the rabbit population in check. Deadly accurate little rifles

Yes! I must have one (maybe 2?).

Thanks!

jwsemperfi 04-24-2012 08:15 PM

Buy 2 the kid or the wife will need one and use the one you got if you don't get 2. Trust me i should have.

CharlieEcho 04-25-2012 09:10 AM

Get two;

I purchased two of these pellet rifles. One with the straigh grip and one the Monte Carlo. Didn't know which the grandkids would prefer. I think it's the Monte Carlo.

They are both extremely accurate and easy to use. Kids love'em as do I. We have a range set up in the barn for windy days. Haven't yet tried them for pest control.

We might get a couple of more if the girls get involved.

Particle Beamer 04-25-2012 10:13 AM

I would not use this type of pellet gun for rabbit hunting. A 600-1200 FPS would provide a quick clean humane kill. These could be used for shrew, field mouse or large roach control. I would hate to see a bunny rabbit shot about 10 times with a low powered target air gun?

krazykarl 04-25-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieEcho (Post 584721)
I purchased two of these pellet rifles. One with the straigh grip and one the Monte Carlo. Didn't know which the grandkids would prefer. I think it's the Monte Carlo.

They are both extremely accurate and easy to use. Kids love'em as do I. We have a range set up in the barn for windy days. Haven't yet tried them for pest control.

We might get a couple of more if the girls get involved.

Thanks for mentioning stock choice. I was not sure which style would be preferred (I know its a personnal choice).

jedimann 04-25-2012 11:46 PM

There were some when I went last month but they didnt have any sights on them.

captaincalc 04-26-2012 12:10 AM

the sights, etc are kept in back --- I can only guess as to why. At the price, it's handy to keep one around in case need a quick birthday/anniversary/whatever gift. Manual, sling, spacers, etc back there, too. They scare wabbits and other pests off. Nice aspect of accuracy: you can do controlled misses (ring bells, clang clangers, ... other outside of the box stuff)... don't have to shoot to wound...