CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   August 5 AM Visit (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=285558)

d.swider777 08-05-2021 08:22 AM

August 5 AM Visit

Got here at about 9AM. Rack of m1c and d as well as the IHC gap and a few 6 millions left. Same as reported before. Slim pickings.

Steve-OH 08-05-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.swider777 (Post 2068147)
Got here at about 9AM. Rack of m1c and d as well as the IHC gap and a few 6 millions left. Same as reported before. Slim pickings.

Anyone at the swap meet? I think that's scheduled today?

TLB 08-05-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-OH (Post 2068161)
Anyone at the swap meet? I think that's scheduled today?

I thought I saw 5PM start published somewhere.

Steve-OH 08-05-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLB (Post 2068167)
I thought I saw 5PM start published somewhere.

Yes sir, you are correct. I just did a search and found this on the official schedule;
5:00PM-8:00PM Swap Meet Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center Parking Lot

d.swider777 08-05-2021 04:37 PM

Stopped in a few times all day and all I saw them put out were a few 6 Million SA’s. One of the guys at the store said it’s been very slim pickings and they mostly have rack grade specials coming.

mwf203 08-05-2021 04:41 PM

The Rack Special I got a few weeks ago from the NS is fantastic. A very minor spot of pitting on the trigger assembly and that's it. Otherwise it's a gorgeous 1.4mil SA with new barrel.

TLB 08-07-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.swider777 (Post 2068287)
Stopped in a few times all day and all I saw them put out were a few 6 Million SAís. One of the guys at the store said itís been very slim pickings and they mostly have rack grade specials coming.

Stopped by after the morning GSVMM match and racks were sparse. No specials of any flavor, 6Ms down to only a few, maybe 10 IHC gappers plus the usual snipers and Daisy rifles. I didnít ask Bob but Iím guessing the NM shipment may be done.

ajz1966 08-08-2021 06:45 AM

This is rather sad especially since those of us who shot only in the later matches were not allowed to register when the pickings were good. I was not able to register till 2:00 PM on the last day of smallbore. No entry card, no ability to purchase. I stood by and watched everything disappear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLB (Post 2068785)
Stopped by after the morning GSVMM match and racks were sparse. No specials of any flavor, 6Ms down to only a few, maybe 10 IHC gappers plus the usual snipers and Daisy rifles. I didnít ask Bob but Iím guessing the NM shipment may be done.

TSimonetti 08-08-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajz1966 (Post 2068865)
This is rather sad especially since those of us who shot only in the later matches were not allowed to register when the pickings were good. I was not able to register till 2:00 PM on the last day of smallbore. No entry card, no ability to purchase. I stood by and watched everything disappear.

It seems that according to reports I've seen, the pickings were never really that good, they sold some specials and some IHC's and 6mils all at a premium price. No service or Field grades for the most part.

I registered for my match months in advance online and could have purchased anything from day one opening. Are you saying this was not an option for you for your match?

ajz1966 08-08-2021 07:35 AM

I, of course, registered online on 4/2. I should clarify, I could not pick up my packet and do the second half of the in person check in. I was of the impression that they wanted to see your score card as proof of registration for purchases. I might have been inclined to get one of the chromed rifles set out on the first days if I could have. Did I miss something about proof of registration for a match to buy a rifle or ammo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSimonetti (Post 2068870)
It seems that according to reports I've seen, the pickings were never really that good, they sold some specials and some IHC's and 6mils all at a premium price. No service or Field grades for the most part.

I registered for my match months in advance online and could have purchased anything from day one opening. Are you saying this was not an option for you for your match?

TSimonetti 08-08-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajz1966 (Post 2068881)
Did I miss something about proof of registration for a match to buy a rifle or ammo?

Yes you did. You could have printed out your proof of match registration and payment that is listed on your e-store account and brought that with you to the store any time on or after the July 12 opening day. The store did not require proof of match participation or a complete packet with scorecard in order to purchase, they only needed proof of registration.

broomhandle 08-09-2021 08:11 PM

Hello Fellow posters,

We have been up to the CMP match's & the North Store three times in the last eight years.
Sadly pickings were always poor each time we managed to get up there. :( Maybe NEXT time will be the charm!

Good luck on your quest for the NEXT CMP rifle.
broom

mrhunt14 08-09-2021 09:39 PM

I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!

martindc1 08-10-2021 07:29 AM

They had about a half dozen 6 mil’s as of Sunday morning, I thought they looked pretty decent.

Mountain 08-10-2021 07:53 AM

As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight.

On the positive side, CMP seems to have worked a balance between sending some stock to the NS for the Nationals but not overly shorting inventory for the huge backlog of mail orders. That said, I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to grab one of those chrome rifles.

martindc1 08-10-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 2069386)
As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight...

My guess is the rear sights for the Daisys comes in the box upon purchase. I have two, and they came with an box containing a rear sight, various front sight inserts, stock spacers, sling etc.

It appeared they restocked a little before opening Sunday morning as there looked to be some rack specials that went quickly after opening Sunday morning.

Shomway 08-10-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhunt14 (Post 2069347)
I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!

Be aware that rifle and ammo sales are limited to NM competitors.
Quote:

The North store will open Monday July 12 at the start of the National Matches. Rifle and Ammo sales are for 2021 NM competitors only. No appointments.

mrhunt14 08-10-2021 10:35 AM

Thanks for that update. Looks like Iím not headed up there.

mnhusker 08-10-2021 04:02 PM

Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove :(.

What has the world come to? It is to weep........

Mountain 08-11-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhusker (Post 2069520)
Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove :(.

What has the world come to? It is to weep........

I would have much preferred that CMP held more rifle inventory for the people who actually shoot them. Much of the 'cool' stuff was put in the racks way before the 'Games' events started. The very few Rack Specials that were put out were snatched up right at opening. If one had a full dance card for matches, no way for a competitor to get one of these.

I heard from a CMP contact that some, perhaps most of the bigger vendors did not show up on commercial row not only for lack of inventory, but they were too short on personnel.

d.swider777 08-11-2021 07:19 AM

It was my first time there, so I don’t have anything to compare to. However, it wasn’t nearly what I’ve heard everyone talk about as far as vendors and product available. It felt like a small gun show with a few bigger names there. The prices were either normal or way above normal from what I saw. Either way, I still enjoyed my time there and will definitely go back to shoot. I’ll probably just lower my expectations that the years past of grabbing whatever rifle and cool parts you wanted are gone.

TLB 08-11-2021 08:21 AM

Iím a Games competitor but live close enough that I signed in early and got my rifles inspected the weekend before-largely because I would be arriving the night before my first match after the welcome center closed. I actually had the opportunity to grab a FG or CMP special but I already have a special and the FG were well below my desired standards. Commercial Row was a much greater disappointment.

TSimonetti 08-11-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 2069386)
As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight.

On the positive side, CMP seems to have worked a balance between sending some stock to the NS for the Nationals but not overly shorting inventory for the huge backlog of mail orders. That said, I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to grab one of those chrome rifles.

The balance seemed to be if you were registered for the matches and want to spend a premium, then you can get an IHC or a 6mil, or else a lucky few can get a Special. I think they did what they felt they could do, but it arguably wasn't the best they could do in my opinion. They had over 2 years to plan for this. I'd at most give them a B-

Stunng23 08-11-2021 09:29 AM

well hopefully, they have lots of rifles and related items still available that will get to the NS for the remainder of the year. But, if mail order demand is still way up probably not.

Shomway 08-11-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stunng23 (Post 2069667)
well hopefully, they have lots of rifles and related items still available that will get to the NS for the remainder of the year. But, if mail order demand is still way up probably not.

I suspect the NS is only going to be open for the duration of the National Matches and then return to being closed.
With Service Grades being 4+ months behind and Field Grades pushing 3 months behind, I don't foresee the NS reopening in the current year, especially with the TMP still stocking rifles.

ajz1966 08-11-2021 05:04 PM

I would hope since they went through the trouble of setting up the new north store and they have the Petrarca range hours on Monday and air gun range hours through the week that they will have the store open a little more often for shooters even if the inventory is minimal.

Danny 08-11-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwf203 (Post 2068288)
The Rack Special I got a few weeks ago from the NS is fantastic. A very minor spot of pitting on the trigger assembly and that's it. Otherwise it's a gorgeous 1.4mil SA with new barrel.

No receiver rust in hidden areas?

mwf203 08-12-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2069895)
No receiver rust in hidden areas?

Nope, it's weird in that all the other parts on the rifle seem new or reparked as well. More a CMP Special than Rack Special.

andy legg 08-13-2021 01:24 PM

North Store Closing after National Matches

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shomway (Post 2069679)
I suspect the NS is only going to be open for the duration of the National Matches and then return to being closed.
With Service Grades being 4+ months behind and Field Grades pushing 3 months behind, I don't foresee the NS reopening in the current year, especially with the TMP still stocking rifles.

I talked with the folks at the North Store today while at the Long Range National Matches.....sounds like they are closing again for a while at the end of business today.

Scored a nice WW2 Field Grade and enjoyed talking with Bob very much.

Hal O'Peridol 09-21-2021 03:09 AM

A little late to the party....

To the OP, what were the prices on the M1C Garands?

d.swider777 09-21-2021 05:43 AM

Here’s a list of current prices, including the M1C’s they had at the time.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=257387