CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   store report 12/13 (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=256264)

danduf98 12-13-2019 07:27 PM

store report 12/13
 
Any one been there yesterday or today? Did they have any 1917's out?

6milguy 12-14-2019 07:16 AM

Had 4 1917ís when I was there:

Eddystone with JA barrel with Eddy stock $700
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and Rem stock

2 Very nice SG chromed functional rifles $335:
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and Rem stock
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and correct E stock
(This one went home with me )

Also saw a 0-66 WRA Marine rebuild Garand with WRA barrel (1plus ) service grade with wra op rod . At my Garand limit , so showed it to a first time visitor and it went home with him.

Chopper10 12-14-2019 07:54 AM

What a find on the 0-66.

eastlandb1 12-14-2019 08:26 AM

When where you there?



Quote:

Originally Posted by 6milguy (Post 1894088)
Had 4 1917ís when I was there:

Eddystone with JA barrel with Eddy stock $700
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and Rem stock

2 Very nice SG chromed functional rifles $335:
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and Rem stock
Eddystone with Eddy barrel and correct E stock
(This one went home with me )

Also saw a 0-66 WRA Marine rebuild Garand with WRA barrel (1plus ) service grade with wra op rod . At my Garand limit , so showed it to a first time visitor and it went home with him.


danduf98 12-14-2019 09:58 AM

On my way today and will arrive @ 11:20

eastlandb1 12-14-2019 10:12 AM

Eight 1917ís in rack right now. Four 1903ís. Very large crowd.

6milguy 12-14-2019 11:35 AM

Got there Friday afternoon 12/13 , saw the 0-66 then. It was still there Sat am along with the 4 Eddystone 1917ís put out. The 2 chrome service grade chrome Eddyís sold immediately when put out. 0-66 sold shortly thereafter.

danduf98 12-14-2019 11:39 AM

Bought one of the 2 Maine VFW 1917 rifles since I was born in Maine 7 1917’s left

danduf98 12-14-2019 12:02 PM

8 field grands one with Ww2 cartouche

Cl65driver 12-14-2019 12:27 PM

Any IHCs?

danduf98 12-14-2019 01:05 PM

Plenty of ihc

rob30-06 12-14-2019 06:48 PM

South Store start-up report
 
Guys,
I made the trip down to the store today to support a friend who recently had his hip replaced and thought he might be ready to make the trip down. He had one more rifle on his purchase limit where I had none. He is a bit more disciplined than I am
There was an AMC class today so they made it into the store around 10 minutes before I did so I missed seeing the O-66 WRA and some other nice rifles purchased right away. If the guy that purchased the WRA O-66 Marine Corps Rebuild see this I would sure like to hear from him so I can get a few details.
There was a laaaaarge crowd this morning, and more coming in all morning long. No way I could get a head-count but I bet at one point there was elbow room only and at least 30 people in the store. The CMP made quite a few sales today for sure.
I talked to Bobby, the lead armorer and he gave me the opening rifle count so I will share it here:

SA/HRA Service Grades 23 (many original WWII Barrel and finishes among the SA) I did not see any HRA SG but might have missed one.
SA/HRA Field Grades 9 (also many WWII BR with original finish)
IHC Service Grades 4 (many with original barrels) no IHC stocks that I saw
IHC Field Grade 0 at opening but 2 added later in the morning
WRA Service Grades * with 2 added later. Quite a few with WRA barrels (what a day to go with no ability to buy:()
No WRA Field Grades
Normal assortment of Specials
2 SA WWII Correct Grades. OK, there was one that was OUTSTANDING! It was an SA 1.0 mil Correct and even had the cap over the sight screw! An absolutely beautiful SA EMcF stockset. What a rifle! It left with a fellow forum member from Indiana that drove down to find something that was special. Mission accomplished!
There was also a good selection of 1903 and 1917 rifles. Really nice offerings.
The only thing I could purchase, if I was so inclined, was a 1917, but I did not see the Winchester that would have made me pull the trigger to get an example.

I had a great time looking at IHCs and gathering serial numbers.

My buddy with the new hip found an SA Service Grade from 1941 with an original barrel and finish that met his needs. A really nice rifle for sure, but I am glad I am not the guy that has to find the parts to put it back to original state.

I saw several nice post war carts, but only one WWII and it was a really nice GAW in the hands of a store customer. It will be hard to improve on and i am sure the buyer is happy with it.

Not up to Tom's standards but his shoes are too large for me anyway:rolleyes:

Rob

Oh, there was at least two restockings while I was there. Did I mention that things were real busy?

Chopper10 12-14-2019 06:57 PM

Thanks for the report Rob! I sure have missed Toms reports and unfortunately bagged my limit too early as well. I hope the new year brings some offerings like today.

TLB 12-14-2019 07:17 PM

Must have stood right next to you Rob and didn’t even know it. Was on a mission to get a 1903, specifically a WWII Remington. They flew off the shelves so fast I had to “settle” for a 1918 SA mkI that someone returned to the rack. Dark bore that I hope cleans up. Probably my one and only SS visit.

rob30-06 12-14-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLB (Post 1894305)
Must have stood right next to you Rob and didn’t even know it. Was on a mission to get a 1903, specifically a WWII Remington. They flew off the shelves so fast Ibadan to “settle “ for a 1918 SA mkI that someone returned to the rack. Dark bore that I hope cleans up. Probably my one and only SS visit.

It was a very crowded space for quite a while, so no wonder we did not meet. I was the big bearded guy in green with the Navy hat. My voice tends to carry over the crowd which makes it hard for me to stay inconspicuous.
Hope you make it back to the store again, but I recommend on a calmer day:rolleyes:
Glad you found a Mark 1. That is my choice as well:GS:

Rob

OrderlySgt 12-14-2019 10:29 PM

Hi Rob. Great talking with you today and thanks for the lesson on IHC and WRA parts identification.

RI1288 12-15-2019 10:20 AM

Is the policy still one 1903 and 1903a3 each that it was about a month ago or is it one overall per year?

rob30-06 12-15-2019 11:32 AM

I hear the CMP put an IHC 4.6 Gap out after I left, so I did not get to see it. From the physical description it sounded like it might be a Field Grade without much else being IHC.
Since I could not buy it anyway, I am glad they saved me the stress of seeing it AND not being able to get it.

Rob

Shomway 12-15-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronwall (Post 1894464)
I don't think anything to the contrary has been reported. A call to the store or an email to CS would be the best way to verify.

I e-mailed Mark Johnson on 11-20 with this same question and never got a reply. Makes me miss the days of Orest!

Cl65driver 12-15-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RI1288 (Post 1894427)
Is the policy still one 1903 and 1903a3 each that it was about a month ago or is it one overall per year?

I asked at Talladega a couple weeks ago and was told it is indeed 1a year for 1903 and 1917

OrderlySgt 12-15-2019 09:31 PM

In Jan. of this year I purchased an 03-A3. Last month I read that the policy had been changed to one 03-A3 and one 03 per year. Last week I went back and purchased an 03.

For whatever it's worth.

danduf98 12-15-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrderlySgt (Post 1894631)
In Jan. of this year I purchased an 03-A3. Last month I read that the policy had been changed to one 03-A3 and one 03 per year. Last week I went back and purchased an 03.

For whatever it's worth.

Same for me and I picked up a 1917 on sat.

RI1288 12-16-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronwall (Post 1894464)
I don't think anything to the contrary has been reported. A call to the store or an email to CS would be the best way to verify.

Iíll give them a call this week. Thinking about running over there this week. Iíd like to snag a 1903 even though our allotment will reset in a couple of weeks. Figured Iíd have a better chance at a 1903 before the new year.

mp1stsgt 12-16-2019 12:28 PM

I purchased an 03 in Feb and I heard about the supposed rule change and so I made the trip to the TMP Store 2 wks ago and found a nice 03 to buy but was told I couldn't purchase another one until 2020! I didn't make a fuss about it.....but oh well.

Hunter Mag 12-16-2019 12:53 PM

Rob do you recall how much the correct 1.0 mil EMcF was? :eek:

rob30-06 12-16-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Mag (Post 1894753)
Rob do you recall how much the correct 1.0 mil EMcF was? :eek:

I seem to recall it was something like $3,050 + 10% tax making it a bit over $3,300 out the door.

The other WWII Correct they had was an NFR period that looked pretty nice but I diid not do any more than glance at it.

I am betting they will put out another WWII Correct to replace the one that sold, but that is just a guess.

Rob

Hunter Mag 12-16-2019 01:23 PM

Thanks....

RI1288 12-16-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp1stsgt (Post 1894743)
I purchased an 03 in Feb and I heard about the supposed rule change and so I made the trip to the TMP Store 2 wks ago and found a nice 03 to buy but was told I couldn't purchase another one until 2020! I didn't make a fuss about it.....but oh well.

That would make sense with the new policy. The 03 and 03A3 are considered different rifles under it. One of each.

mp1stsgt 12-16-2019 02:02 PM

I asked about another variety 03, but was told no to that as well.

cincsstew 12-16-2019 03:24 PM

Store hours this week
 
I am guessing the store will be open as normal this week? Thursday to Saturday?

rob30-06 12-16-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincsstew (Post 1894815)
I am guessing the store will be open as normal this week? Thursday to Saturday?

I believe so for this week. I spoke to Bobby about this on Saturday. This coming weekend will be the last until after the new year.
I might make the trip down again so I can say I did:D

Rob

JustinandKim 12-16-2019 05:35 PM

I may swing the store or Talladega Marksmanship Park this weekend! I have 7 left on my M1 limit. Maybe they saved the best for last of the year? But I think I used up my luck with the Winchester M1 and 1903A3 and 1903 this year!

cincsstew 12-17-2019 12:51 AM

Cool! I will be returning from my son graduating from AF OTS. Hope to see a fellow Tennessean at the store. Would love to chat with you.

zaitsev44 12-17-2019 09:08 AM

Man Iím very tempted to head over Friday morning and try to snag a M1903.
If I were pressed for time, would it be worth it more to go to the TMP or to the CMP South Store?
Iíve never been to neither but have been a GCA member for years just in case I do make it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coltgrabber 12-17-2019 09:40 AM

"If I were pressed for time, would it be worth it more to go to the TMP or to the CMP South Store? " Go to both. They aren't but a couple of I-20 exits apart, plus you get to see one of the finest rifle ranges in the US & drive by the Talladega race track.

PH68 12-17-2019 09:42 AM

Store/TMP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1894998)
Man Iím very tempted to head over Friday morning and try to snag a M1903.
If I were pressed for time, would it be worth it more to go to the TMP or to the CMP South Store?
Iíve never been to neither but have been a GCA member for years just in case I do make it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The South Store opens at 8:00 and if you donít find what your looking for you have time to hit the TMP by opening at 9:00, itís less than 30 minutes from store to TMP, good luck...

Cl65driver 12-17-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob30-06 (Post 1894845)
I believe so for this week. I spoke to Bobby about this on Saturday. This coming weekend will be the last until after the new year.
I might make the trip down again so I can say I did:D

Rob

What day are you headed over? Also, I'm looking ro pick up an IHC on Friday do they usually have them on the shelves? This is going ro be my first time to the south store.

rob30-06 12-17-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cl65driver (Post 1895027)
What day are you headed over? Also, I'm looking ro pick up an IHC on Friday do they usually have them on the shelves? This is going ro be my first time to the south store.

They usually have a few IHCs out each day. If I go it will be on Saturday but not certain just yet.
The store put out a Gap letter IHC this past Saturday afternoon. It might still be there.

good luck.

Rob

rob30-06 12-17-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH68 (Post 1895011)
The South Store opens at 8:00 and if you donít find what your looking for you have time to hit the TMP by opening at 9:00, itís less than 30 minutes from store to TMP, good luck...

Welcome back Tom.
We all missed you and your reports but hope you had a great time!

Rob

PH68 12-17-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob30-06 (Post 1895039)
Welcome back Tom.
We all missed you and your reports but hope you had a great time!

Rob

Thanks Rob, ate and drank way to many adult beverages, but it was a great vacation.. internet service was spotty at best so I could only occasionally check the Forum which sucked, I think I may have had Forum withdrawals!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.