CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   9/12 Phone call (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=251836)

Gunner945 09-12-2019 01:39 PM

9/12 Phone call
 
Called the store today. They received a new shipment. I won't be able to make the trip but for those that can sounded like it could be worth your while. Rack grade specials, Field Grades, some Winnies, IHC FG's. She rattled off so many rifle types I lost track!
Happy Hunting!

Shomway 09-13-2019 10:51 AM

Just called, and NO 1903's!!!
Between the South Store and TMP they had in the racks as of yesterday 26 1903's and not a one at the North Store!

bandofM1 09-13-2019 11:52 AM

What about garands SG

DBR63 09-13-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandofM1 (Post 1868784)
What about garands SG

A few IHC Service Grades in the rack. One lucky customer walked out with a GAP LETTER!

Some nice SA Field grades with GI wood as well as a few Winchester Field Grades (no WRA barrels) in GI wood.

Also some Rack Grade Specials (30-06) in CMP Walnut. Looked like a good deal if you want a shooter.

andyman 09-13-2019 03:14 PM

Any HRAs to be found?

DBR63 09-13-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyman (Post 1868833)
Any HRAs to be found?

Didnít see any

ECM1595 09-13-2019 08:18 PM

Today I found an almost correct IHC Service Grade but with an SA trigger group and WWII buttplate. Everything else IHC. Stock is a little dinged but still IHC with numbers in the barrel channel. Thanks to Bob at the counter and Mike from Ford for convincing me to buy this IHC! Great day at CMP!

Mike

bandofM1 09-14-2019 04:27 AM

Been some nice ihc of late.

Danny 09-14-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBR63 (Post 1868840)
Didnít see any

That's correct, there were none. I went today, early. I am not sure I should have gone, though, looking back at what there was, even after a truck had been there.

Danny 09-14-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandofM1 (Post 1868954)
Been some nice ihc of late.

What is left now (about 12-13 Field) as compared to late last year, early this year is not great. I am glad that I bought one back then.

Shomway 09-14-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1869048)
That's correct, there were none. I went today, early. I am not sure I should have gone, though, looking back at what there was, even after a truck had been there.

That bad and/or nothing special? Lock bar sights, cartouched stocks, barrel readings?

Danny 09-14-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shomway (Post 1869051)
That bad and/or nothing special? Lock bar sights, cartouched stocks, barrel readings?

I don't look at most of that stuff, so I have no clue, especially on barrel readings. I only look at receivers, looking to get pristine condition ones. Barrels and wood I just generally toss, in the "S*** Can", or here on the for sale section.

DBR63 09-14-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shomway (Post 1869051)
That bad and/or nothing special? Lock bar sights, cartouched stocks, barrel readings?

On 09/13 I saw several 4.2 and 4.3 SA Field Grades with low ME and TE readings and even a few decent WW II and post war cartouches ( EMcF with large wheel, JLG, SHM ). Didn’t see any lock bar sights. My opinion is that it was well worth the visit.

Danny 09-14-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBR63 (Post 1869064)
On 09/13 I saw several 4.2 and 4.3 SA Field Grades with low ME and TE readings and even a few decent WW II and post war cartouches. Didn’t see any lock bar sights. My opinion is that it was well worth the visit.

There were at least several of those serial number range available today. On one, the receiver looked so new, I almost bought it, until, I looked at the left front side of the receiver. It had a rusty crusty patch about the size of a Nickel or Quarter. What a shame. I came away with a 4,236,xxx SA Field Grade. On getting it home, I am not entirely sure that I am happy with it due to some small bits of pitting on the front face of the receiver.

Shomway 09-14-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBR63 (Post 1869064)
On 09/13 I saw several 4.2 and 4.3 SA Field Grades with low ME and TE readings and even a few decent WW II and post war cartouches ( EMcF with large wheel, JLG, SHM ). Didnít see any lock bar sights. My opinion is that it was well worth the visit.

Thanks! Sounds like some pretty decent FG's

DS/DS1991 09-14-2019 07:12 PM

Sat finds at ns
 
Took home 2 nice garands Saturday morning.
First was a nice sg IHC gap Ltr. IHC wood and 50% IHC parts with a 1/55 SA barrel with readings 0 me and 1 te.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=3
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=1
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=0

2nd was an interesting 5 digit SA with a lead dipped heel with a 1/45 barrel, wrapped bolt, -12 trigger housing, -7 hammer, ,sa11 safety, -6 curved op rod, narrow base gas cyl. Barrel readings of 3me and 1 te.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=6
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=5
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=4
Had great morning, Bob and everyone is just great there.

Danny 09-15-2019 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DS/DS1991 (Post 1869117)
Took home 2 nice garands Saturday morning.
First was a nice sg IHC gap Ltr. IHC wood and 50% IHC parts with a 1/55 SA barrel with readings 0 me and 1 te.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=3
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=1
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=0

2nd was an interesting 5 digit SA with a lead dipped heel with a 1/45 barrel, wrapped bolt, -12 trigger housing, -7 hammer, ,sa11 safety, -6 curved op rod, narrow base gas cyl. Barrel readings of 3me and 1 te.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=6
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=5
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/hala...tml?sort=3&o=4
Had great morning, Bob and everyone is just great there.

You must have grabbed those right upon entering first thing in the morning, as I got there about 10 minutes after opening and saw neither. I first went to the IHC rack, which is what I came for. I saw nothing that I could get myself to spend the money on. Next, I went to the SA Field Grades and found the 4.2 that I now wish I had not bought. I would have bought that SA if I had seen it.

TSimonetti 09-15-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1869200)
You must have grabbed those right upon entering first thing in the morning, as I got there about 10 minutes after opening and saw neither. I first went to the IHC rack, which is what I came for. I saw nothing that I could get myself to spend the money on. Next, I went to the SA Field Grades and found the 4.2 that I now wish I had not bought. I would have bought that SA if I had seen it.

If I’ve learned one thing over the past 17 years, it’s that it pays to get there at least 60 minutes before opening, especially when the whole cmp world knows they just got a new shipment. Hope u at least enjoyed your extra hour’s sleep:)

Pits are what made it a field grade to state the obvious. I’ll guessing it would have been hard to walk away empty handed, especially after a 3-4 hour drive. (My drive is 7 hours) perhaps it will grow on you? What are the measurements?

I suspect it would be rather easy to sell for under $750 and get most if not all of all your purchase and travel expenses back

Benny 09-19-2019 05:27 PM

I'm at the Maxx show in PA and thinking about a side trip to the north store. It's a 3 + hour detour, do you think it will be worth the time.
Thanks
Benny

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

DBR63 09-19-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny (Post 1870319)
I'm at the Maxx show in PA and thinking about a side trip to the north store. It's a 3 + hour detour, do you think it will be worth the time.
Thanks
Benny

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

I called today. CMP Rack Grade Specials as well as IHC in Field and Service Grades in stock.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.