CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   3-Position Air Rifle (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Used Daisy 853 rifles. WOW! (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=49001)

ChadC 09-09-2011 04:21 PM

I ordered 2 for my kids....order went processed on the 6th and I got them yesterday! That was FAST! Looking forward to having some fun in the back yard with the kids.

Does anyone have a link to Daisy's parts online? I can't seem to find it.....although I saw some other goodies I'd like to order.... :D

jnespappa 09-12-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadC (Post 419047)
I ordered 2 for my kids....order went processed on the 6th and I got them yesterday! That was FAST! Looking forward to having some fun in the back yard with the kids.

Does anyone have a link to Daisy's parts online? I can't seem to find it.....although I saw some other goodies I'd like to order.... :D

I ordered the parts straight from Daisy (800) 643-3458. You want the Model 888 Trigger Housing (Part no. 888-13) since it has the screw hole already installed and you probably should order a spare Model 853 trigger assembly (Part no. 853-20). I also order the Model 888 screw assortment (not sure of part no), but the operator was very friendly and helpful. That way I knew I would have the trigger pull adjustment screw.

Congrats on the purchases. I have been shooting the 853 with my son and I have made dramatic improvement in my offhand shooting and I FINALLY found a comfortable NPOA for my sitting position.

ChadC 09-12-2011 10:07 AM

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!!

They are amazing little rifles! A lot of fun and the kids really enjoy shooting them. Even my daughter who is used to shooting .22 enjoys them.

BubbaTheKid 09-13-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnespappa (Post 379949)

They are all marked U.S. AG ####### 1 853 (Does the US mean they were military issue?)
The right sides are marked Rogers, AR

I am sending the serial numbers off to Daisy for dating since one of them is a 3 digit serial number, in the upper 600s.

I cleaned the barrels this morning using a bore snake and all three bores are still crisp and shiny.

Did you order "straight sotcks" or "Monty Carlo stocks"?

ChadC 09-13-2011 01:49 PM

Does Daisy offer this service? I would love to find out the manufacture date of these rifles. Should I send an email to customer service?

jnespappa 09-19-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaTheKid (Post 421111)
Did you order "straight sotcks" or "Monty Carlo stocks"?

I ordered the straight stocks, since they matched the rifles currently in use by the NJROTC at the local HS. Monte Carlo stocks are nice, IMO for standing/off hand shooting, but may fall short for prone shooting depending on the shooters physical geometry.

You can ask the Daisy Museum folks to "date" your rifle by filling out a form and mailing it to them: http://www.daisymuseum.com/html/antiquegunform.htm
I sent my form in about two months ago and haven't heard back :( but you might have better luck.

ChadC 09-19-2011 05:57 PM

Thanks for the link!

aljkw 11-29-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnespappa (Post 420405)
I ordered the parts straight from Daisy (800) 643-3458. You want the Model 888 Trigger Housing (Part no. 888-13) since it has the screw hole already installed and you probably should order a spare Model 853 trigger assembly (Part no. 853-20). I also order the Model 888 screw assortment (not sure of part no), but the operator was very friendly and helpful. That way I knew I would have the trigger pull adjustment screw.

Just ordered my parts as well. The 888 trigger housing they said was actually part number 888-3.. either that or they are sending me the wrong part.
Once they come in guess I will have to give it the pilk treatment.

GarandMan57 11-29-2011 06:32 PM

The Monte carlo stock is AWESOME! Fits great for the stockweld.
Terry

aljkw 12-10-2011 03:00 PM

Just received my parts from Daisy today and worked and completed the trigger changes. When cutting the two plastic knobs do a little at a time, then assemble and test. If you take to much off the trigger the safety will no longer engage.
very easy pull on the trigger now.

I did notice with the modification if you let the screw out, IE pre modification, the safety no longers functions. Keep that in mind.