CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   How exactly does it work? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=80845)

Bottlerocket 07-11-2012 09:40 PM

How exactly does it work?

Does anyone know how these things are stocked and how often? I really want to find a Correct or Service Grade SA or HRA. I checked a report a couple weeks back and they said the shelves were pretty bare with not much to chose from. But when I look at the report from 7-7 there was barely any room left on the shelves. Are there better times to go than others or better to call ahead. For a trip like this I'll probably have to request leave to make the drive which has to be done in advance. Don't wanna waste leave time on a dry run.

dpd3672 07-11-2012 09:46 PM

Correct grades have been sold out for a while now. Service grades are still in stock, although it seems like the supply is slowly drying up, over the last several months.

You really don't know what'll be in the stores until you show up and look, sadly, although keeping an eye on store reports will give you a good idea what to expect.

steelap 07-12-2012 12:24 PM

Actually, calling ahead is a good idea.

Are you military?

"Life is Good!"

Bottlerocket 07-12-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelap (Post 630407)
Actually, calling ahead is a good idea.

Are you military?

"Life is Good!"

Yes I am. Stationed at NAS Pensacola. Not that bad of a drive really ;)

Mississippi Kid 07-12-2012 07:11 PM

If it were me I'd go soon.As long as service grades are on the racks you can rest assured you will find one to take home.

Some of us have been "spoiled" by how pristine some of this batch of service grades have been. The only report that should keep you from making the drive is if they are sold out or the store is closed.

If it's a service grade,it's worth getting.Good luck and thanks for serving.

Tester19 07-12-2012 07:40 PM

Don't automatically discount the Field Grades either---if you are shopping in person you can find some nice ones that are real close to SG quality.

steelap 07-12-2012 07:55 PM

Sent you a PM.

Post it when you know you are going. One or more of us "locals" might be able to meet you there to help.

"Life is Good!"

Clifford 07-12-2012 10:37 PM

FYI, I was just there (sSouth store) several days ago, plenty of Field grades, many Service grades, and then Special grades (no Correct grades that I could see). Also some .308 Garands.
I went on a Friday, in the morning it was quiet but around 11am it got busy.

I've never been on a Saturday but I've heard horror stories....

mi2az 07-13-2012 01:55 PM

I hope this is the right post to ask my question.

I am interested in purchasing a M1 Garand Service Grade.

My wants are Walnut Stock, if it has dings in it, no big deal. You know it gives it character. Plus if it was new, I think I would be dinging and scratching often and may feel bad if I was causing the wear and tear.

Trigger, would prefer it not to be stamped. After reading about it, It seems to be fragile and can break quite easily.

As for purchasing, Does the CMP would honor my 2 requests or is it still the luck of the draw and I get what ever they pick ?

Never bought from the CMP so I really do not know what I can ask and actually receive for my requests.

Thanks

RVN 69-70 07-13-2012 02:02 PM

choice

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi2az (Post 631099)
I hope this is the right post to ask my question.

I am interested in purchasing a M1 Garand Service Grade.

My wants are Walnut Stock, if it has dings in it, no big deal. You know it gives it character. Plus if it was new, I think I would be dinging and scratching often and may feel bad if I was causing the wear and tear.

Trigger, would prefer it not to be stamped. After reading about it, It seems to be fragile and can break quite easily.

As for purchasing, Does the CMP would honor my 2 requests or is it still the luck of the draw and I get what ever they pick ?

Never bought from the CMP so I really do not know what I can ask and actually receive for my requests.

Thanks

Stock choice - possibly
Trigger-probably not
Chances over all - never hurts to put a sticky but....to get BOTH choices it slims the chances down. I'd state which of the choice was THE #1 and hope for both. Good luck

(I put a sticky for a non-cmp stock and got it but .... that was 2 years ago)