CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Tennessee (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   garand shooters (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=5022)

tennesseeshooter 01-01-2010 11:03 PM

garand shooters
 
how many garand shooters in middle tennessee

kentuckytroutbum 01-03-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennesseeshooter (Post 37916)
how many garand shooters in middle tennessee

I don't live in Tenn., but I have shot a number of matches at the Memphis Sport Shooters Club about 20 miles NE of Memphis right off of I-40. They have a number of CMP type matches almost every month. Good bunch of folks to shoot with, and the Clubhouse, and 600 yd HP range are great.

tennesseeshooter 01-03-2010 09:27 PM

kentuckytroutbum; i quite often go to olive branch ms.(outside of memphis),and shoot hp matches with my nephew. we shoot our garands against the ar"s. also shoot hp matches at the gallatin gun club. tennesseeshooter

kentuckytroutbum 01-04-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennesseeshooter (Post 39203)
kentuckytroutbum; i quite often go to olive branch ms.(outside of memphis),and shoot hp matches with my nephew. we shoot our garands against the ar"s. also shoot hp matches at the gallatin gun club. tennesseeshooter


tennesseeshooter-

Thanks for the info about your club. Do they have a website?

MikeW 01-04-2010 11:23 AM

Mid TN Garand shooter here

mr_b8908 01-04-2010 05:05 PM

garand shooter here just outside of nashville.. i often shoot at the twra stones river range, and i am currently looking for some competitions

catsnguns 01-08-2010 09:56 AM

It is a bit of a drive but the Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association obviously in Oak Ridge has shoots and they have the old 1000yd military range. I am not up to the particulars of it but the post match info in the American Rifleman. At one time it was a huge club both in physical size and members but with the run down of the weapons facility I don't know. There was some very interesting gun related work being done out sourced from the National Lab at one time by some engineers out of the weapons complex. It has been 15 or 20 years since I lived there.

kentuckytroutbum 01-08-2010 03:02 PM

Oak Ridge is still active, good place to shoot. IMHO

tenn m1 01-08-2010 10:02 PM

Another shooter here. Live near Crossville

donrad 02-13-2011 09:46 PM

Garand shooter
 
Live in Jackson and would like to start shooting some matches. Memphis and Henry cty would be good choices, although would consider driving for other shoots.

Dstout 02-22-2011 12:50 AM

Do any of you Tennessee shooters know of a Garand-capable Gunsmith in or around Memphis? I need a barrel taken off, receiver reparked and then re-barreled. Thanks for any and all responses.

David

donrad 02-23-2011 03:08 PM

DGR in Jacksboro Tn Does everything you would require. The name of his operation is DGR Restorations. Google for web site
Don

kentuckytroutbum 02-23-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donrad (Post 292080)
DGR in Jacksboro Tn Does everything you would require. The name of his operation is DGR Restorations. Google for web site
Don

+10 on DGR. He's worked on my M1, and does excellent work with a quick turn around. He also carries parts, accessories, stocks, etc., etc. He also has the Holbrook device (a must for lefties, and nice for righties). Tuned the trigger on my M1 to 4.5 to 5 lbs. pull (DCM legal). :)

Bill

NavyMustang 03-28-2011 12:40 PM

West Tennessee
 
West tennessee M1 shooter here!

TexTenn59 03-30-2011 07:35 PM

NW Tennessee here.

Wayne

Tempest 05-05-2011 01:56 PM

From Hendersonville. Heard great things about DGR.

spoon 05-05-2011 02:19 PM

Just a couple hours North in Ky.

plainolddave 05-05-2011 05:45 PM

East TN... I can be at the Clubhouse at ORSA in less than 20 minutes.

orsahp.com

is the website.

Juryof6 09-25-2013 12:18 PM

Knoxville
 
Any interest in forming an informal shooting group dedicated to Garand and 03 competition?

My son and I shoot an informal "best of 8" each time we take a Garand to the range

rob30-06 10-14-2013 02:52 PM

East Tn here - Wartburg
 
Close to Oak Ridge and would like to join ORSA if possible.
Have my own personal 100 range with bench & backstop down in a holler on my property. Very safe place to shoot. Pays to live in the country (got to have your priorities right).
It would be nice to have longer ranges to shoot.
Also have a separate pistol range for close work.
Creek bed for when I feel froggy (sometimes an enbloc or magazine just needs to be emptied quickly).
Oh, and it helps to have few neighbors and those you do have are understanding.

I shoot just about every week with friends & family but would like to get out a little more.

Rob

Daffy 04-25-2015 12:03 PM

No Problem
 
Rob. I will sponsor you. I love to shoot at your house, but ORSA is so much closer. At $120 per year for a safe place to shoot, I thinks it is a bargain. I mostly use the covered high power range. 50-100-200- 300 yds. The club house has hosted numerous wedding. (something you may want to think about if you don't change your ways). Plenty of activities, plus it's affiliated with the CMP. Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob30-06 (Post 935364)
Close to Oak Ridge and would like to join ORSA if possible.
Have my own personal 100 range with bench & backstop down in a holler on my property. Very safe place to shoot. Pays to live in the country (got to have your priorities right).
It would be nice to have longer ranges to shoot.
Also have a separate pistol range for close work.
Creek bed for when I feel froggy (sometimes an enbloc or magazine just needs to be emptied quickly).
Oh, and it helps to have few neighbors and those you do have are understanding.

I shoot just about every week with friends & family but would like to get out a little more.

Rob


i1afli 05-06-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy (Post 1286912)
Rob. I will sponsor you. I love to shoot at your house, but ORSA is so much closer. At $120 per year for a safe place to shoot, I thinks it is a bargain. I mostly use the covered high power range. 50-100-200- 300 yds. The club house has hosted numerous wedding. (something you may want to think about if you don't change your ways). Plenty of activities, plus it's affiliated with the CMP. Steve

+1 on ORSA.
I also use the covered high power range, typically using the 50 and 100 yd ranges to sight-in my latest milsurp acquisition.

wdodd 05-06-2015 02:19 PM

30 minutes east of Nashville

jimd80 05-21-2016 08:28 PM

I'm 25 minutes from ORSA but never seem to make it out there. Really need to start going and exercising those barrels but 1) work, 2) family or 3) sleep/recovery from 1) and 2) always seem to get in the way.

NavyMustang 02-07-2017 04:25 PM

I'm in Yuma, TN. I've been collecting and competing with Garands for 20+ years.

Whitpusmc 02-28-2018 09:58 AM

I live just south of Nashville and would like to shoot in some 2 or 3 gun type events that I can shoot with a Garand or Carbine.

Daffy 02-28-2018 10:02 AM

TMCA Show?
 
Have you ever attended the TN show in Franklin? Contact me at nina111@att.net. Steve

anelles 05-26-2019 11:03 PM

Reviving this old thread. I'm in Nashville. A new-ish Garand owner, and just starting to take shooting seriously. Any recommendations on ranges in the area with affordable membership fees?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.