CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   M1 Garand (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   WTB: WWII Garand (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=99802)

Eagle97 02-17-2013 01:23 AM

WTB: WWII Garand
 
I am looking for a service grade WWII Garand from any manufacturer. I prefer original wood, but I do not mind a little wear. I was going to get one from the CMP, but I thought I would see if anyone here had one for around 700.00. If I do not find anything I like, I will just get one from the CMP.


Thanks for the offers! I ended up ordering a HRA through the CMP. I may be in the market for a WWII once I have the money.

Thanks again!

Gun Tuner 02-17-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle97 (Post 775141)
I am looking for a service grade WWII Garand from any manufacturer. I prefer original wood, but I do not mind a little wear. I was going to get one from the CMP, but I thought I would see if anyone here had one for around 700.00. If I do not find anything I like, I will just get one from the CMP.

Thanks!

A WWII gun with original wood for $700 might be a bit of a stretch. You might want to open your pocket book up a bit wider.

smc51 02-17-2013 06:50 PM

especially with Correct parts

deputy85 02-17-2013 07:03 PM

Correct wood/ww11/ with a cartouce at the named price isnt going to happen, a ww11 stock with no cartouche/sanded off as 99% are is possible,,going to be a mixmaster with a replacement non ww11 barrel and parts , it's doable

pro2 02-17-2013 07:39 PM

Around $700 might buy you a nice original WWII stock set?

Gun Tuner 02-17-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pro2 (Post 775762)
Around $700 might buy you a nice original WWII stock set?

Leaving your calling card?:D

Eagle97 02-17-2013 10:11 PM

Ok, so my number was too low. So what is a more realistic price? I am not hung up on all correct parts, just a decent to good gun with some history. Thanks for setting me straight ;)

M1Riflenut 02-17-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle97 (Post 775888)
Ok, so my number was too low. So what is a more realistic price? I am not hung up on all correct parts, just a decent to good gun with some history. Thanks for setting me straight ;)

I have a nice 1945 NFR rifle I'd let go for 1500. I also can take Paypal if one needs to use a CC.

bob moore 02-17-2013 11:18 PM

That is about the going rate.

pro2 02-17-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun Tuner (Post 775768)
Leaving your calling card?:D

No stocks for sale here! Tapped out!

If you want a WWII garand with "history," a solid post war rebuild with a WWII serial number will have more stories to tell than a pristine WWII collector grade, while also serving as a great shooter. You can find an exceptional rebuild rifle with a WWII serial number and USGI stock, with a little patience, for under $1000.


....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.