CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   South Store Report 10/03/2019 (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=252761)

broomhandle 10-05-2019 07:59 PM

Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!:GS:
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles! :)
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom

PH68 10-05-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomhandle (Post 1874337)
Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!:GS:
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles! :)
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom

It was nice to finally meet you broom and I alway enjoy meeting folks that have the same interest I do in these vintage rifles. Thank you for your very kind comments. Tom

steelap 10-05-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstout (Post 1874130)
First time that I have ever been and not bought anything. Several first time customers that picked up rifles. Any day at the CMP is a good day. I just wish they would go back to the old store. This one is too small and the minuscule selection is disheartening.

On a positive note, the customer service is top notch, as always.

David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"

steelap 10-05-2019 08:50 PM

There was a restock about 1200 in the South Store, not sure if that's the one Tom alluded to.

Jboston19 10-05-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH68 (Post 1873951)
700.00-750.00.. Fg/sg

I was stationed in Beaumont in 1969 after returning from Vietnam as a USMC Instructor-Inspector for an Infantry Reserve Unit while recovering from wounds... Great town and great times...

Beaumont is not a bad place.

I was able to make it the south store today. I’ll be back as soon as I can, probably in three months! :)

Dstout 10-06-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelap (Post 1874356)
David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"

No Sir. My wife and I stayed around Anniston/Oxford after Friday’s Store visit and went to Atlanta to a football game after Saturday’s visit.

I completely forgot about them selling rifles at the Shooting Park. 😩

Nates4Christ 10-08-2019 10:31 AM

Just wanted to share I posted my 1903 pictures in the 1903 section of the forum.