CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   South Store Report 10/03/2019 (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=252761)

PH68 10-03-2019 09:44 AM

South Store Report 10/03/2019

There were 12 customers at opening and the racks were full. Numbers may be off a little due to customers activity. They have increased space for rifles by adding wall racks so space available is now closer to 76 rifles, Specials and air rifle occupy this additional space. Seeing a little more CMP wood, but not that many overall.

Armors today are Bobby, Ellyn and Ben.

UPDATED: Whoever posted this information on Facebook please send me a PM, great idea to support the this cause. CMP has a beautiful pink camouflaged (designed and hand painted by CMP Employee MATT CARROLL) Daisy Air Rifle up for auction in support of cancer awareness, October 1-31th) at South Store, North Store and Auction site in support of American Cancer Society. The rifles were build by Jeff and Ellyn Knight, owners of Cheaha Armory, who did a great job and it will make some little girl a great gift. Rob30-06 and I have started the bidding, currently at 250.00 and I hope others will support this great cause while in the stores or by contacting CMP with your bid. 100% of the money will be donated by the CMP..... Don’t be shy, bid NOW..... Rob30-06 will post photo... Also very good selection of CMP PINK t-shirts available, so when you buy yourself a rifle you can tell wife/girlfriend you were thinking about them and want to give them a gift!!!

Notice: Holiday Store Hours, South Store closed 21-23 November for Talladega 600 match, TMP store will be open, closed 28-30 November, closed 26 December-open on January 9th.

IHC SG 2/ FG 4.

WRA SG 8/ FG 8. Several with WRA barrels, several six digit, one really low 1012xx, no WRA cartouches that I saw.

SA SG 12/ FG 10. Some matching 43-44 barrels and few light cartouches.

1903, 14, some very nice, couple of Mark I’s, several with original barrels.

1903 Drill, one.

CMP Specials, 11

M1C SA SG 3/ FG 1.

Good luck on your searches.

new cal shooter 10-03-2019 11:40 AM

Does The TMP range have Oprod springs / main recoil springs? Or do I need to stop by the south store?

Mine broke in 2 pieces but still was shooting.

Thank you.

rob30-06 10-03-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new cal shooter (Post 1873661)
Does The TMP range have Oprod springs / main recoil springs? Or do I need to stop by the south store?

Mine broke in 2 pieces but still was shooting.

Thank you.

The stores don't sell parts any longer.
If this is a warranty issue I would work thru customer service.

hope that helps,
Rob

PH68 10-03-2019 12:31 PM

Midday restock

There was a 10 rifle restock of SA FG. One 6 digit with a great SA GAW stock..

Dstout 10-03-2019 01:30 PM

On my way for the first time in 2 years since I am off work for shoulder surgery. The last time I was there it was still in the big store. I will be there Fri and Sat morning.

PH68 10-03-2019 02:24 PM

Thursday closing report/ New Stock M1917

There was a minor restock at closing of 10 rifles. Most SGís now are with CMP stocks...

M1917, WRA 1 sold/ Remington 3/ Eddystone 3, one sold. Rifles are in good condition.

CMP Specials, 7

1903, 6.

SA SG 8/ FG 14.

WRA SG 6/ FG 4.

Other rifles remain about the same.

hogfamily 10-03-2019 03:09 PM

Tom,

Thank you so much for inspecting and helping Travis and me pick out our treasures!

You ROCK!

PH68 10-03-2019 03:12 PM

Store

Glad I could help and you both made fine choices for your M1917ís...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogfamily (Post 1873708)
Tom,

Thank you so much for inspecting and helping Travis and me pick out our treasures!

You ROCK!

solthemi 10-03-2019 04:00 PM

Hello. PH68, big thanks for posting the upcoming schedule of the store closings. As it would be, I’m actually going to be in the area on 11/21 and was hoping to go to the south store for one of those IHCs and/or a 1903. You mentioned that the TMP would be open that day, but do you know if the sales aspect is “as usual” during the event or are there special sales, are there no sales of normal goods, etc. Sorry, I’m not familiar with those events so trying to decide if it’s a good or a bad thing I’ll be there that day. :)

PH68 10-03-2019 06:18 PM

Tmp

Quote:

Originally Posted by solthemi (Post 1873722)
Hello. PH68, big thanks for posting the upcoming schedule of the store closings. As it would be, Iím actually going to be in the area on 11/21 and was hoping to go to the south store for one of those IHCs and/or a 1903. You mentioned that the TMP would be open that day, but do you know if the sales aspect is ďas usualĒ during the event or are there special sales, are there no sales of normal goods, etc. Sorry, Iím not familiar with those events so trying to decide if itís a good or a bad thing Iíll be there that day. :)

I hate to say for sure but if I was guessing I would say they will have a good inventory being that the South Store will be closed. Only a guess but I would bet a dollar on it. Good luck.

mrhunt14 10-03-2019 10:00 PM

I arrived at the store around 2:15 CST and picked up two rifles today. A Remington 3.34 million M1903 modified with a serialized bolt body matching the receiver. The barrel is a replacement SA 3-44. The inspector was “11” not Mr. Beard.

Also picked up an all Eddystone m1917. Overall a great haul today. I need to post pictures and take off the hand guard on the Remington M1903 to see if it has the vice marks on the barrel.

PH68 10-04-2019 09:45 AM

Friday opening report

There were 11 customers at opening and all racks were full. Most interested seemed to be 1903/M1917ís.

UPDATE: I need to make a couple corrections to my AUCTION post from yesterday which I have also undated on my original post from yesterday. This very nice Daisy Air Rifle camouflage paint designed was designed by CMP employee MATT CARROLL and hand painted by him. ALL processes from the auction will be donated, 100%. Whoever posted this information to Facebook, great idea, please send me a PM so I can ensure you got the updated information. There has been NO bids since my first post yesterday!!! You guys need to knock the dust off your wallets and let the moths out and DONATE to this great cause....

M1917, 7, mix of Eddystone and Remington, didnít see any WRAís.

1903, 10.

SA SG 11/ FG 11

WRA SG 8/ FG 11.

IHC SG 3/ FG 3.

CMP Specials, 5.

hogfamily 10-04-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH68 (Post 1873640)
...CMP has a beautiful pink camouflaged (designed and hand painted by CMP Employee MATT CARROLL) Daisy Air Rifle up for auction in support of cancer awareness, October 1-31th) at South Store, North Store and Auction site in support of American Cancer Society. The rifles were build by Jeff and Ellyn Knight, owners of Cheaha Armory, who did a great job and it will make some little girl a great gift. Rob30-06 and I have started the bidding, currently at 250.00 and I hope others will support this great cause while in the stores or by contacting CMP with your bid. 100% of the money will be donated by the CMP..... Don’t be shy, bid NOW..... Rob30-06 will post photo... Also very good selection of CMP PINK t-shirts available, so when you buy yourself a rifle you can tell wife/girlfriend you were thinking about them and want to give them a gift!!!

There is also an auction for a M1 Garand. It should be in the SS very soon.

Initial opening bid is $650! :)

Dstout 10-04-2019 01:27 PM

I got a 4.2 Springfield w/ and HRA barrel. The main reason I bought it was the slant cut WRA op rod (small relief cut), WRA trigger group, IHC rear wind age knob and IHC front sight.

Pics later.

ridgewj 10-04-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH68 (Post 1873864)
There were 11 customers at opening and all racks were full. Most interested seemed to be 1903/M1917ís.

UPDATE: I need to make a couple corrections to my AUCTION post from yesterday which I have also undated on my original post from yesterday. This very nice Daisy Air Rifle camouflage paint designed was designed by CMP employee MATT CARROLL and hand painted by him. ALL processes from the auction will be donated, 100%. Whoever posted this information to Facebook, great idea, please send me a PM so I can ensure you got the updated information. There has been NO bids since my first post yesterday!!! You guys need to knock the dust off your wallets and let the moths out and DONATE to this great cause....

M1917, 7, mix of Eddystone and Remington, didnít see any WRAís.

1903, 10.

SA SG 11/ FG 11

WRA SG 8/ FG 11.

IHC SG 3/ FG 3.

CMP Specials, 5.

Tom/PH68
How much were the M1917 rifles?
Thanks Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jboston19 10-04-2019 01:59 PM

Thank you for the update. I’m making the drive from Beaumont, Tx, and going to swing by tomorrow morning!

Nates4Christ 10-04-2019 02:03 PM

Thank you Tom for your help today with picking out a 1903 rifle.

PH68 10-04-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridgewj (Post 1873937)
tom/ph68
how much were the m1917 rifles?
Thanks jim

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

700.00-750.00.. Fg/sg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jboston19 (Post 1873938)
Thank you for the update. Iím making the drive from Beaumont, Tx, and going to swing by tomorrow morning!

I was stationed in Beaumont in 1969 after returning from Vietnam as a USMC Instructor-Inspector for an Infantry Reserve Unit while recovering from wounds... Great town and great times...

PH68 10-04-2019 03:27 PM

Friday Closing Report

There were 50 rifles present at closing. There were a couple small restocks.

The second rifle for the auction has arrived. It is a pink camouflaged M1, again well done by Cheaha Armory. All processes from the auction will be donated. Rob30-06 will post a photo. Current bid is 650.00 on the M1. Bids will be excepted until October 31st. Donate to a great cause....

M1917, 2.

1903, 3

WRA SG 8/ FG 6. Several with WRA barrels.

SA SG 9/ FG 8

IHC SG 6/ FG 4

Other rifles remain about the same

hogfamily 10-04-2019 04:01 PM

Today my son Travis and I had the honor to meet in person Mr. Charlie Brown.

Mr Brown helped my son and I with invaluable information on which of several M1 we were looking at that would be a good purchase. With his help we decided on a very nice '42 WRA with several WRA parts including a bolt and a slant uncut op-rod. The stock is a nice USGI with some grunge that is hiding a beautiful pattern that will look excellent when cleaned up.

The M1 was also Tom approved. Can't beat that! Two of the most knowledgeable M1 experts giving an M1 their approval!

A while back Mr Brown also helped Travis and I with some suggestions on the CMP AMC, (that we completed this week), that really helped us get the most out of the class.

In conversation with Mr Brown I mentioned that Travis's birthday was a few days ago and Mr Brown presented him with beautiful knife that he had engraved a M1 on the blade. Beautiful! He gave me an awesome M1 Garand coffee cup.

Mr. Brown, you sir, are truly a class act. Thank you for spending time with us.

rob30-06 10-04-2019 04:12 PM

American Cancer Society - M1 Garand and Daisy Pellet Rifle

Boy! Hard to imagine a nicer-looking pair of special rifles than these, and what a good cause!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/qfLlpXO.jpg?1[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/lS33LNS.jpg?1[/IMG]

Tennboy 10-04-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogfamily (Post 1873959)
Today my son Travis and I had the honor to meet in person Mr. Charlie Brown.

Mr. Brown, you sir, are truly a class act. Thank you for spending time with us.

I'll vouch for that, Charlie is top shelf.

PH68 10-04-2019 05:01 PM

Charlie Brown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennboy (Post 1873982)
I'll vouch for that, Charlie is top shelf.

And I will third that!!!

PH68 10-05-2019 08:33 AM

Saturday opening report

There was an AMC class at 7:30 and normal opening for others at 8:00. There were 20 customers and racks were full.

Armors today are Bobby, Ben and Matt.

Auction updated information. For store rifles you must bid in the store, please donít call store to bid, and there will be a set of these rifles at the CMP auction site.

IHC SG 3/ FG 4

WRA SG 8/ FG 7, couple with WRA barrels.

SA SG 9/ FG 11

1903, 9

M1917, 5

Good luck on your searchís.

Dstout 10-05-2019 09:35 AM

First time that I have ever been and not bought anything. Several first time customers that picked up rifles. Any day at the CMP is a good day. I just wish they would go back to the old store. This one is too small and the minuscule selection is disheartening.

On a positive note, the customer service is top notch, as always.

RI1288 10-05-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstout (Post 1874130)
First time that I have ever been and not bought anything. Several first time customers that picked up rifles. Any day at the CMP is a good day. I just wish they would go back to the old store. This one is too small and the minuscule selection is disheartening.

The old store would be nice. I wish I had been able to go when it was open, but there is just not the supply of M1s to support the big store.

Blurry 10-05-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Never been to old or new, North or South. Canít complain. Not worth a trip for me from up here. The CMP and all their personnel do an excellent job as far as I am concerned. God bless:)

PH68 10-05-2019 02:42 PM

Saturday closing report

There racks were full at closing and there was a restock of 17 rifles.

1903, 15

M1917, zero

IHC SG/FG, 8

SA SG/FG. 25

WRA SG/FG 18

hd9207 10-05-2019 05:58 PM

Wrap barrel

Do u know if any of the Winchesters have Winchester barrels making trip from Maryland

PH68 10-05-2019 07:32 PM

WRA/WRA barrel

Quote:

Originally Posted by hd9207 (Post 1874280)
Do u know if any of the Winchesters have Winchester barrels making trip from Maryland

There were two at closing, maybe they will be there for your trip. Good luck....

broomhandle 10-05-2019 07:59 PM

Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!:GS:
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles! :)
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom

PH68 10-05-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomhandle (Post 1874337)
Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!:GS:
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles! :)
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom

It was nice to finally meet you broom and I alway enjoy meeting folks that have the same interest I do in these vintage rifles. Thank you for your very kind comments. Tom

steelap 10-05-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"

steelap 10-05-2019 08:50 PM

There was a restock about 1200 in the South Store, not sure if that's the one Tom alluded to.

Jboston19 10-05-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH68 (Post 1873951)
700.00-750.00.. Fg/sg

I was stationed in Beaumont in 1969 after returning from Vietnam as a USMC Instructor-Inspector for an Infantry Reserve Unit while recovering from wounds... Great town and great times...

Beaumont is not a bad place.

I was able to make it the south store today. I’ll be back as soon as I can, probably in three months! :)

Dstout 10-06-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelap (Post 1874356)
David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"

No Sir. My wife and I stayed around Anniston/Oxford after Fridayís Store visit and went to Atlanta to a football game after Saturdayís visit.

I completely forgot about them selling rifles at the Shooting Park. 😩

Nates4Christ 10-08-2019 10:31 AM

Just wanted to share I posted my 1903 pictures in the 1903 section of the forum.