CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Any 11-7 Today reports? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=254549)

bandofM1 11-07-2019 05:01 PM

Any 11-7 Today reports?

May make trip Sat.

Danny 11-08-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandofM1 (Post 1883553)
May make trip Sat.

I will probably go tomorrow.

ClayC 11-09-2019 09:02 AM

I'm interested as well. I will be in the area next Thursday. :)

Shomway 11-09-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1884098)
Today was a great day. Lots of nice SA Service Grade and Field Grade. I ended up picking up and tagging two SA Field Grades I had seen two weeks ago, when I had bought another rifle. One of the rifles was a 300,000 era rifle that I had a hard time deciding upon taking between it and the one I took. The guys at the counter told me to take both, which I didn't, so it is odd that I ended up finding it again. I was all set to take it, but decided to look at the service grades. I picked and tagged about 3-4, then selected one of them. It is a 5.81 SA that looks original other than the wood and metal, Op Rod (a very nice IHC) and trigger group. Barrel is a nice 3-55 and Bolt is A-15. Based on the $100.00 difference between Field and Service, I chose the Service Grade on economics over the Field Grade. I was getting a new CMP Stock vs. the beat USGI, a matching bolt and barrel, and a nice Gas Cylinder. The Field had a saw cut Gas Cylinder, which I detest. I would have had more than $100.00 in the Field Grade to get it where the Service Grade is. Most of the Service Grade seems to be original finish.

Rather than a personal shopping report, could you give us a store report?
Any 1903's there? How many Service and Field Grades? Any report on condition or stocks with catouches ? Any hint of anymore deliveries this year?.......etc.

brandx70 11-09-2019 05:11 PM

My friend and I made our first trip to the north store today, and it was well worth it. I picked up a very nice service grade SA with WW2 barrel and new cmp stock. My friend picked up a really nice Winchester CMP special. Plenty of garands to pick from. I didn't make an exact list, but I'll try and list as much as I can remember. All of the floor racks were full, which was great.

SA and IHC rack, field, and service grades, most with new wood, some with old wood, very few with cartouches. About 2 dozen of each, except 4 dozen SA field grades.

SA, IHC, and Winchester CMP specials in 30-06. Not to bad, most of the pitting was minor in my opinion. About 2 dozen of each.

M1D field grades with ok barrels and mostly old wood. About 2 dozen.

M1C service grades ( I think ) with pretty good barrels and old wood, most of these seemed pretty nice, would have picked one up if I had the money. About 2 dozen.

A few Winchester field and service grades, not to bad with old wood. Around 3 of each.

No bolt action rifles of any type. Only other things there were the daisy guns. Metal finish on the garands varied from mild patina to original finish, some with light surface rust. Lots of refinished receivers.

Still worth the trip, nothing like hand picking your own garand from dozens of choices and price ranges. Staff was very polite and helpful, couldn't have been happier with everything.

Danny 11-09-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandx70 (Post 1884127)
My friend and I made our first trip to the north store today, and it was well worth it. I picked up a very nice service grade SA with WW2 barrel and new cmp stock. My friend picked up a really nice Winchester CMP special. Plenty of garands to pick from. I didn't make an exact list, but I'll try and list as much as I can remember. All of the floor racks were full, which was great.

SA and IHC rack, field, and service grades, most with new wood, some with old wood, very few with cartouches. About 2 dozen of each, except 4 dozen SA field grades.

SA, IHC, and Winchester CMP specials in 30-06. Not to bad, most of the pitting was minor in my opinion. About 2 dozen of each.

M1D field grades with ok barrels and mostly old wood. About 2 dozen.

M1C service grades ( I think ) with pretty good barrels and old wood, most of these seemed pretty nice, would have picked one up if I had the money. About 2 dozen.

A few Winchester field and service grades, not to bad with old wood. Around 3 of each.

No bolt action rifles of any type. Only other things there were the daisy guns. Metal finish on the garands varied from mild patina to original finish, some with light surface rust. Lots of refinished receivers.

Still worth the trip, nothing like hand picking your own garand from dozens of choices and price ranges. Staff was very polite and helpful, couldn't have been happier with everything.

Maybe I talked with you briefly. I was standing at the counter and asked someone to my right how long their drive was from PA. They or you talked about stopping to eat on the way out.

brandx70 11-09-2019 06:29 PM

Yes sir, that was me. Small world. Seems like we both had a good day at the north store.

Danny 11-09-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandx70 (Post 1884153)
Yes sir, that was me. Small world. Seems like we both had a good day at the north store.

Yes, It was a really good day there. It's always a good day, even if you just get to talk with some of the people.