CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   My Gun DB (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   MyGunDB Go inventory software now available for iPod/iPad/iPhone! (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=82769)

wolfrage 12-05-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ661 (Post 715111)
I must be even more computer illiterate than I give myself credit for because I cannot for the life of me get Dropbox to work with MGDB. All I can see are .ifs files and no way to open them. I like the program (MGDB) but I can't use it remotely because of this issue. Frankly, I'm not liking Dropbox at all. Very frustrating. //rant off

The easiest way at the moment to use dropbox in order to let you use the same file from 2 locations is to set both machines to use your Dropbox folder (set through the Settings page using the DB Location option). The regular integration is just to backup to Dropbox. Doing it the other way will simply have both machines use the same file location.

wolfrage 12-06-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ661 (Post 715111)
I must be even more computer illiterate than I give myself credit for because I cannot for the life of me get Dropbox to work with MGDB. All I can see are .ifs files and no way to open them. I like the program (MGDB) but I can't use it remotely because of this issue. Frankly, I'm not liking Dropbox at all. Very frustrating. //rant off

The easiest way to use Dropbox to handle it from multiple locations is to go into the MyGunDB Settings section for both machines and set it to use your local dropbox folder for the DB location. That will make them use the same file.

The backup to dropbox option is just for backing it up and specifically, not for what you are trying to do.

Let me know if you have any other issues with it that I can help with!

JacKC 06-10-2013 04:00 PM

Love the Mac version and is perfect for my needs.. Trouble is 98% of my computing needs are are serviced from my iPad. Really wished the iPad version had he same functionality.. Keep up the good work, well done..

wolfrage 06-28-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKC (Post 855649)
Love the Mac version and is perfect for my needs.. Trouble is 98% of my computing needs are are serviced from my iPad. Really wished the iPad version had he same functionality.. Keep up the good work, well done..

Actually, the upcoming IOS release works better for tablets -- it can rotate, the Main tab now shows additional info (the stuff from the Left side of the Stats tab in the Desktop app, which the rest to shortly follow), fonts will display bigger, etc. It's a work in progress but I'm working on improving its functionality on Tablets. Maintenance log, documents, and some other functionality will eventually be added as well.

JacKC 06-28-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfrage (Post 866869)
Actually, the upcoming IOS release works better for tablets -- it can rotate, the Main tab now shows additional info (the stuff from the Left side of the Stats tab in the Desktop app, which the rest to shortly follow), fonts will display bigger, etc. It's a work in progress but I'm working on improving its functionality on Tablets. Maintenance log, documents, and some other functionality will eventually be added as well.

Appreciate the update, looking forward to it! Thanks..

wolfrage 07-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKC (Post 867043)
Appreciate the update, looking forward to it! Thanks..

Have you signed up for the Beta program through Testflight? If so, I can send you a copy to test.

JacKC 07-03-2013 02:30 AM

I have not, but would enjoy that... Sweet..

JacKC 07-03-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfrage (Post 869275)
Have you signed up for the Beta program through Testflight? If so, I can send you a copy to test.

Update..

Signed up today!

Thanks again for the updates..

Jack