CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   National Matches - Camp Perry (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2018 Games Roosevelt & Vintage Sniper (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=224034)

highpowerindiana 02-22-2018 04:06 PM

2018 Games Roosevelt & Vintage Sniper

Interested in shooting the Roosevelt and Vintage Sniper matches this year, both on August 3, but I see the CMP has the Roosevelt on Rodriguez at 7 AM, and the Vintage Sniper squadding starts on Viale at 10:30, match at 11:30.
Not sure why they are not both on the same range, or spaced a bit further apart. Will CMP make accommodations for people that want to shoot both?

ceresco 02-22-2018 07:24 PM

Good Question. Typically, CMP recognizes shooters needs and makes accommodations. I would point out that the Roosevelt Match has not drawn large numbers in the past. Whether this will shorten the time it takes to run four(??) relays or whether electronic targets might be used. ... My advice is to go ahead, sign up and then drop the burden of getting you to the VS match on CMP. That's what I'm going to do. Good Shooting. ...

mnhusker 03-11-2018 04:07 PM

My 4 person sniper team also plans on shooting in both matches that day.

I am sure that CMP will make allowances for people doing this to make the transition to the other range.

3 of 4 of us are Senior citizens, i.e. we don't run well with all our range gear :).

C-IOWAN 03-22-2018 06:09 AM

It could work if they use the electric target system, no pit duty the match (sniper) would go faster . I plan to shoot the club games so I'll find out how the target system is working that should be neat.

highpowerindiana 03-22-2018 08:05 AM

The CMP Cup matches are on E-targets, but the Games matches are not. At least not this year. The CMP staff talked about using them for all of the National Matches in 2019

Digital_Chaos 07-16-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highpowerindiana (Post 1699723)
The CMP Cup matches are on E-targets, but the Games matches are not. At least not this year. The CMP staff talked about using them for all of the National Matches in 2019

That would be fantastic... But the pits are kinda of a right of passage

hebes405 07-16-2018 09:29 PM

This will be my first time around Perry. I'm going to kick off the weekend with the vintage sniper match. What time should I arrive to get squared away and find where I need to be. From what I hear, it's a big place and I have never been.

Kerz 07-17-2018 05:58 AM

Yelp, a spectacular place! A lot of good people and plenty of fun. You might what to check out a diagram of CP and then review on something like Google Earth.
Vic

rickgman 07-17-2018 11:50 AM

Since you live in OH, it would be prudent to travel to Camp Perry prior to the match and go through In-Processing before the day of the match and also that will give you the opportunity to visit Commercial Row and check up the base layout ahead of time. Good luck!

hebes405 07-17-2018 12:25 PM

Wish I could, I have to work Thursday so I'm going to travel Friday morning.