CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Visit 1-3-19 (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=239226)

Bear57 01-04-2019 06:37 AM

Visit 1-3-19

At opening, they had the following:

* SA Field grades ..... about 1 rack full , most with hackberry wood
* SA Service grades ....about 1 rack full, most with USGI wood, some w/ new wood
* IHC's ..... about 2 racks full, some with LMR barrels, some w/o, mixed parts
* 308 specials
* Drill rifles ...... about 1 rack full (really bad condition)
* Air rifles ....... didn't look at those, Gamo, I think?
* Air rifle sights
* Barrels ..... maybe a dozen or so @ $20ea
* Slings..... ratty looking leather ones and several white parade web slings.
* 30-06 Match grade ammo on sale at half price $67.50/100 rounds, but only if you buy a rifle...... very, very low on inventory, almost out.

Maybe 8-10 buyers on hand, with allocation of 1 field & 1 service grade each. Bob & crew were helpful, as usual, and out the door and back on the road at 9:40 as they had Debbie & another helper doing the background checks & paperwork.

TSimonetti 01-04-2019 08:24 AM

That's very encouraging.

Can you describe the condition of the service grades? ie finish, and/or TE/ME? Original barrels?

Bear57 01-04-2019 12:47 PM

The Service grades were good, better than I've seen in the last year or so. Decent USGI wood on most. The TE & MW were low, and 2 was the worst I saw. Most were 3, or 4 mil serial #'s. Metal condition was very good. Didn't check all of them for original barrels, as I was mainly looking for good USGI wood. My buddy got a nice one with an open box SA & P, and I got one with a decent DOD cartouche and the stamped P. Stock was not nicked up too badly, and had very good handguards, and only required minimal cleaning. .....We had no idea what they would have when we drove down, as it's always a crap shoot anyway, but were pleasantly surprised to find we had a selection to pick from (24 fields & 24 service), and that we could buy one of each. Best selection I've seen in a very long time. :)

Shomway 01-04-2019 12:53 PM

Thanks for a great report!

Gunner2010 01-04-2019 02:07 PM

Do you know if there were any Winchester barrels on any? Anyone?

tpc445 01-04-2019 04:00 PM

Does anyone know if there are any HRA’s mixed in with the service grades or the 308 specials ?

hardspunned 01-04-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc445 (Post 1789570)
Does anyone know if there are any HRA’s mixed in with the service grades or the 308 specials ?

I called yesterday and was told to expect HRA service grades today. Unfortunately I did not make the trip.

Danny 01-05-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc445 (Post 1789570)

I saw one Field Grade H&R on 1/5/19. I do not believe that there were any Service Grade H&R. I looked through a full set of racks, side to side.

I THINK, but am not 100% certain that I only saw one .308 Special. Call the store to check on that.

Danny 01-05-2019 02:25 PM

Bear57 posted the below info. See my notes added to his for my 1/5/19 visit.

At opening, they had the following:

* SA Field grades ..... about 1 rack full , most with hackberry wood *(Saw only one H&R. There was one Winchester, I believe.)
* SA Service grades ....about 1 rack full, most with USGI wood, some w/ new wood *(I bought one. There were some nice ones)
* IHC's ..... about 2 racks full, some with LMR barrels, some w/o, mixed parts *(the IHC Fields have not changed much since the last open day of 2018. I bought one then. A lot oft them are pretty correct)
* 308 specials *(I thought I only saw one rifle, but could be wrong, as they were not my interest)
* Drill rifles ...... about 1 rack full (really bad condition) *(Yep, really bad. Every one had the rear of the Op rod channel welded.)
* Air rifles ....... didn't look at those, Gamo, I think? *(I think some were Daisy, but I remember two different kinds)
* Air rifle sights
* Barrels ..... maybe a dozen or so @ $20ea
* Slings..... ratty looking leather ones and several white parade web slings.
* 30-06 Match grade ammo on sale at half price $67.50/100 rounds, but only if you buy a rifle...... very, very low on inventory, almost out. *(They were out today)

Maybe 8-10 buyers on hand, with allocation of 1 field & 1 service grade each. Bob & crew were helpful, as usual, and out the door and back on the road at 9:40 as they had Debbie & another helper doing the background checks & paperwork. *(About that much traffic today. Debbie was not working from what I could tell. Some other woman took my order.)

paintman 01-05-2019 03:38 PM

Were there any IHC service grades?