CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Not happy about customer service (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=169542)

slafleur 07-02-2015 08:26 PM

Not happy about customer service

It figures. When my "affiliated club" membership renewed months ago, I sent in a scanned copy of the card and get confirmation that my "information was updated." Now, I go to order a limited item and sure as hell, upon logging in to my account find out my club info is expired and must be updated to order.

I'm sure they will be sorry after the fact, and I'll be SOL.

Very frustrating when you do what you're supposed to do JUST SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Mr.Gadget 07-02-2015 08:35 PM

I don't know what the deal is but I have had that problem for several years.

When I get my card I send it in and check on line to make sure.
Should be easier and a way to check or place an order with a note and they just not take the order if you don't have a club.

rifle guy 07-02-2015 09:26 PM

I have sent in my annual affiliate form from club every year and have had no problum. A parts order this past spring flew right thru. An email to CS I am sure will correct the issue.

rifle guy @ LSC

SDTkeld 07-02-2015 09:36 PM

I am a current GCA member and I just got the no club affiliation message. My membership expires in November, so who knows.

rgdguns 07-03-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifle guy (Post 1320011)
I have sent in my annual affiliate form from club every year and have had no problum. A parts order this past spring flew right thru. An email to CS I am sure will correct the issue.

rifle guy @ LSC

Same here never a problem.

Torquemada 07-03-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnmccoy (Post 1320016)
Join the GCA, they send info to the CMP....takes the guesswork out

If only it were that simple. I've been a GCA member for 5 years and have had the "no club affiliation" issue at least twice. A quick e-mail has always resolved it and I've been fortunate not to have missed out on any "hot items", so it has never been a huge pain for me. But, being a GCA member doesn't preclude this from happening. I hope the folks that got snagged by this can are able to get it resolved and get some mags ordered.

Roadkingtrax 07-03-2015 08:23 AM

Join your state rifle and pistol association. The money will at least do some good.

slafleur 07-03-2015 08:39 AM

Already a member of the state association, have been for 20 plus years. Proof of renewed membership was sent two months ago and receipt confirmed. Already a life member of the NRA. Already a member of another club/range that is CMP affiliated, have been for over 20 years. This looks to be just an example of failure by the CMP. Really ********es me off when I miss out on a limited item due to CMP's negligence and end up seeing the same crap on ebay, gunlist, or the local gun show tables - marked up of course.

crabby13 07-03-2015 03:16 PM

Happened to me last year and this year

mac1911 07-03-2015 05:19 PM

With the shooting park now finished maybe they can spend a little money updating web sites.
I still have a hard time sorting through the stuff on the Estore.
I to have been "burned" more than once because of "lack" of affiliation. Knowing I did in deed have it current.
Ok so what can you do other than call/email CS with info in hopes it's not to late?

Would it be hard to make the system auto generate a email to notify you your Afiliation is out dated.
Also what happened to me 2 times is my club did not renew their affiliation with the cmp.
Making my once thought valid affiliation NFG!!!

As I check my club once Again is no longer on cmp affiliation list. Oh joy.

So just for hahas I searched the affiliation club search page https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?
do=clubSearch

Entering just the state a club I know is affiliated does not show up.
Only entering the town and state will it show. My "home" club doesn't show up no matter what.