CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   New order packet tips (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=234170)

Blacksmith 09-18-2018 10:32 PM

If you did not read the instructions - Shame on you.
If you did not follow the instructions - Shame on you.
Not including a Required item - That is not an oops like a typo.

Read and follow the instructions and you will have an equal chance with everyone who did.

drslash 09-19-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC-Nav (Post 1755790)
I think mine was completed according to the instructions.
Everything was checked off as completed or attached.
Now that said, if I didnít do it correctly then itís no ones fault but mine.

I read all the instructions and filled mine out shortly after the order packet was posted. I made copies of the supporting documents. I let it sit for a month and got it back out and read over everything carefully. I found a couple minor issues and made corrections. I did this again after 9/4 and found one more minor issue. I waited a few days and read this forum for tips and pitfalls. I originally was going to send mine with signature required and thanks to this forum realized that would disqualify my packet. I sent it with tracking.

If after all of this I still have a disqualifying error, I have no problem accepting it as my fault. I won't bother CMP 1911 with pleadings or demand explanations. I will post a WTB CMP 1911 though :)

deuce57 09-19-2018 08:30 AM

Ditto

rwmartin58 09-19-2018 10:33 AM

Reading is hard....so, is following instructions.

Jclayton 09-19-2018 11:11 AM

For those who end up in the circular file is there any sort of email notification sent?

cmp1911admin 09-19-2018 11:40 AM

Not at this time as we have not opened any. The ones that were sent in too early were notified by email.

ihcgarand 09-20-2018 10:16 AM

^

I believe I can answer this. Theyve said (and i think it's in the instructions somewhere), but you need to treat this submission as "brand new". CMP has all my info on file, but I needed to submit all the paperwork again for the 1911. Whereas for the garand, I can just submit an order form as long as the other forms are still current.

It's in the "additional 1911 details", but I think they've said it and it's written elsewhere too.

"All qualifying documents must be included in your order packet. No qualifying documents, other than the FFL, will be accepted without an order packet."

jailbirdwatcher 09-20-2018 05:36 PM

The CMP 1911 paperwork is not much different than the old CMP paperwork. It is entertaining to read all the problems that people have had with very plain and specific instructions. Especially people with high forum posting counts. These folks have been dealing with the CMP for a while. It IS understandable that folks new to this process would have a few problems, though. People who've been around should know that the folks in Anniston will bend over backwards and jump through hoops to be as fair as possible with us all. Just as they always have been.

dreadpirate 09-23-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp1911admin (Post 1754366)

7. We have so far about 200 FFLs that were sent without names on them.

This is one requirement that bothers me as I have no control over whether or not the FFL puts my name on the copy that is sent in. I think a lot of FFL's will say "already on file, not sending another ...", and I will have no way to know if this happens.

Fogtripper 09-23-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadpirate (Post 1757268)
This is one requirement that bothers me as I have no control over whether or not the FFL puts my name on the copy that is sent in. I think a lot of FFL's will say "already on file, not sending another ...", and I will have no way to know if this happens.

My FFL emailed a scan of his remotely (he didn't have a paper copy with him on vacation. He did state my name in the subject line as well as the body of the email. For redundancy I included a paper copy with my forms, but I too had no idea our names should actually be written on them.