CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Rng process (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235063)

cmp1911admin 10-06-2018 01:19 PM

Rng process

Ok, here is the current scoop and as always subject to change:

Disregard the Oct. 5th date about the RNG.

We are allowing the mail services, USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, Carrier Pigeon & Pony Express, to deliver all packets post marked on 4th Oct. We will allow a few days, once all packets have been assigned a number(this will also take a few days) we will enter the numbers into the RNG which will then assign a number to each packet. Once all packets have their assigned RNG number, we will start the processing of the packets. As each packet has to be check for correction/completion before we can notify anyone, this will also take time. My guessimate is at least 30 days before anyone is notified. I may be wrong, and hope I am. Everyone MUST bear with us as this is a first for us also.

DO NOT CALL or EMAIL ASKING WHAT YOUR NUMBER IS All this does is slow us down and upsets you. We have already had one person demanding to know his number. I WILL NOT TOLORATE ANYONE BEING RUDE/UGLY AND CUSSING AT OUR STAFF (this does not include me of course). That person's packet has been thrown away.
We understand everyone wants to know their number and we will work as fast as we can.
As we did with the early submission packets, we will try to notify those that packets were not accepted. This will be after those that were accepted are notified.
At this time we have over 17,000+ packets.

As more information comes available I will try to keep everyone posted.

Fogtripper 10-06-2018 01:34 PM

Thank you for the update.

FLD 10-06-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogtripper (Post 1760505)

Ditto.

RazorBurn 10-06-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogtripper (Post 1760505)

Same here. Thanks!

bevo2222 10-06-2018 02:07 PM

Thanks again for all of the updates. I really expected more applications.

jeremy69 10-06-2018 02:17 PM

Thanks for the update. Can’t believe someone would yell and be upset with anyone over this... crazy. Everyone I’ve ever dealt with at the CMP has been great, I would imagine 1911 staff is the same. Do I hope I get a shot at one yes, will I loose any sleep over waiting on my number? Not a wink

DBR63 10-06-2018 02:22 PM

cmp1911admin. Thank you for all of the updates. Everything you do to reach out to us with info is truly appreciated. Brian

dnmccoy 10-06-2018 02:23 PM

Im confused, and anyone feel free to link me an answer, but your going to assign each packet a number, and then the rng will assign them another number?? Can anyone break that down for me, I dont understand the 2 number system

Password is Taco 10-06-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnmccoy (Post 1760519)
Im confused, and anyone feel free to link me an answer, but your going to assign each packet a number, and then the rng will assign them another number?? Can anyone break that down for me, I dont understand the 2 number system

First number is arbitrary. Whether they put your name or the arbitrary number in, the number that spits out is your place in line. At least thatís how I think about it.

dnmccoy 10-06-2018 02:43 PM

Ok...so like my packet is #1000

RNG spits out number for packet #1000 is whatever number?