CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Shipping drill rifle? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=197162)

84bravo 09-14-2016 12:15 PM

Shipping drill rifle?
 
I have a business trip coming up in the next few weeks which may give me the opportunity to stop by the North Store. If I can find a good candidate, I'd like to buy a Garand drill rifle. However, I don't want to fly home with it. Will the CMP ship a drill rifle if I purchase it in the store? Since drills aren't available by mail order, does the cost still include shipping as with other rifles? I know I'll be paying Ohio sales tax.

I was there during the National Matches and bought an M1D, but I just couldn't swing the cost of a drill rifle in addition. At the time I was driving and not flying, so I didn't even consider the option of shipping.

Thanks,

LarryK

Kansas Poster 09-14-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84bravo (Post 1516098)
I have a business trip coming up in the next few weeks which may give me the opportunity to stop by the North Store. If I can find a good candidate, I'd like to buy a Garand drill rifle. However, I don't want to fly home with it. Will the CMP ship a drill rifle if I purchase it in the store? Since drills aren't available by mail order, does the cost still include shipping as with other rifles? I know I'll be paying Ohio sales tax.

I was there during the National Matches and bought an M1D, but I just couldn't swing the cost of a drill rifle in addition. At the time I was driving and not flying, so I didn't even consider the option of shipping.

Thanks,

LarryK

I know they ship. My bet is shipping is included. Don't know for sure.

You are in PA, so if shipped, no tax, so will be better eitherway for you.

Good luck finding the one you want.

Gewehr43 09-14-2016 12:52 PM

Yes... they will ship.

flatlander 09-14-2016 05:05 PM

I bought 3 Garand's and 4 1903A3's drills this summer, no sales tax and free shipping.

captaincalc 09-14-2016 09:19 PM

He's asking about Drill Rifles, keep in mind...

Pollux 09-14-2016 09:25 PM

What is with this forum? Why did my post get deleted from this thread trying to help OP with no warning?

84bravo 09-15-2016 09:24 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. Now hopefully I can line up my business travel to include a stop at the North Store.

Pollux, send me an IM if you want to share what was deleted. I never saw it.

Big_Red 09-15-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollux (Post 1516284)
What is with this forum? Why did my post get deleted from this thread trying to help OP with no warning?

Fair enough since you asked, and for the SA of all members, especially newer ones...

What is with this forum is that while we appreciate everyone's intent to help, the expectation is members will at least:
1. Directly answer a member's question, and
2. In doing so, provide accurate, or at least helpful info based on working knowledge/actual experience, and not throwing jello at the wall. Or at least admitting to a SWAG or partial info.

When we find posts to the contrary, we will edit/remove as necessary.
Nothing personal, and appreciate your effort, but your post didn't fulfill any of that and is contrary to what CMP will do...not to mention involving unnecessary extra costs to the OP.
I will PM you with specifics.



Quote:

Originally Posted by 84bravo (Post 1516386)
Thanks everyone for your replies. Now hopefully I can line up my business travel to include a stop at the North Store.
Pollux, send me an IM if you want to share what was deleted. I never saw it.

Larry,
To confirm the other posters, CMP will indeed ship a drill rifle if you purchase it in-store, whether at the North or South store.
And like regular rifles, the cost DOES include shipping.

The only difference with drill rifles is they do not ship in a CMP hard case...they ship in one of the reinforced cardboard boxes with the foam inside.
Now, if you so desire, you can purchase one of the CMP hard cases for $30 and have them ship it in that as an option to get the case.

As with anything, if you buy in-store and take it with you vice shipping, you will pay the appicable sales tax.
But in your case of purchasing in-store and having it shipped, you will NOT pay sales tax.

(Related note: If someone is a resident of OH or AL, they will pay sales tax either way, but this won't apply to you.)

Good luck,
Rob

captaincalc 09-15-2016 05:40 PM

great clarifications ( IMO), BR. Thanks.

84bravo 09-15-2016 07:29 PM

Thank you, Big_Red. Very helpful response.

LarryK


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.