CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How are the M1C snipers at North Store? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=243363)

Winnie 03-21-2019 09:27 PM

How are the M1C snipers at North Store?

I took a big gamble and ordered a Field Grade M1C mail order. It shipped today...from North Store. I imagine Anniston called North and said pull one from the racks and ship it. It has to sit at Hold at Location until next week when I can get it. I know these aren't a high turnover item, but how likely is this thing going to be a turd that's been passed up over the last months of it sitting on a rack? What have the M1Cs been looking like at North Store, if anyone remembers numbers, it is 3750003.

reaper36a 03-22-2019 07:49 AM

Hello,

I live close to the North store and have been there a few times over the past year. My observations are only of the past year.

I would just say that they are on the rack for a reason. What this reason could be depends on the individual buying or not buying the rifle.

For example:

1. The ones I saw had mixed wood of different colors.

2. Most have no cartouches at all. In other words getting one with the correct wood will be a long shot I think.

3. They previously sold them with the accessories. As you know it will not come with anything. This may be why they are not selling like hotcakes.

4. Of the ones I had inspected, none had matching serial numbers on the scope mount and the rifle.

5. They were a mixed bag on the rack. Not one the same in any way other than having the M1C mount. That's it.

So if you are wanting a rifle with just the M1C mount that is what you get.

Who knows, maybe a beauty is sitting in the back and you might get lucky. Good things come to those who wait!

Winnie 03-22-2019 08:17 AM

Thanks, I'll report in next week. I don't care about the wood and currently have all the accessories in repro format, mostly just looking for a bonafide M1C.

reaper36a 03-22-2019 08:27 AM

I think you will be very happy then. IMHO this is the only way to get a really honest M1C.

cplnorton 03-22-2019 04:24 PM

I was there about two months ago. Every M1C in the store was Greek black. :(

ODCMP 03-22-2019 05:06 PM

Surprisingly, not all of the M1C's at the north Store have been out on the racks. Several years ago they put out about 160 M1C's, so I assumed they had all been put out.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=121590

Last year though, I requested an M1C and it shipped from the North Store. In the process of confirming the order, I asked whether the rifle had been out on the floor and they confirmed that it had never been put out.

Dave

Winnie 03-22-2019 10:29 PM

I can deal with Greek black, I'm just hoping for no sewer barrel Whammy. Dave, that's a beautiful service grade. My only trip to North Store was 2 yrs ago when the 6 millions were being flushed out. They also had a lot of the WRA M2Ds then. I went through some 30+ 6 mils to pick my limit of two, it was pretty tiring just doing that. I'm glad I'm not taking the tax hit on this, whatever it ends up being.

Winnie 03-26-2019 11:35 AM

Picked up the C today, very nice shootable rifle with nice wood and un-numbered mount, hang tag show ME 2+ TE 4+, I show 3 / 4. Barrel is a 1951 that is shiny and I don't see any pitting. Doesn't look Greek black to me, general Mixmaster with no arsenal or other etches. ALL WOOD IS USGI Walnut with no visible cartouches and stock is very loose and has zero lockup, but I'll just swap that out. I'd say it could pass as a service grade for $800 less. My repro Numrich mount fits perfectly.

Bitten 03-26-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 1818453)
Picked up the C today, very nice shootable rifle with nice wood and un-numbered mount, hang tag show ME 2+ TE 4+, I show 3 / 4. Barrel is a 1951 that is shiny and I don't see any pitting. Doesn't look Greek black to me, general Mixmaster with no arsenal or other etches. ALL WOOD IS USGI Walnut with no visible cartouches and stock is very loose and has zero lockup, but I'll just swap that out. I'd say it could pass as a service grade for $800 less. My repro Numrich mount fits perfectly.

Sounds nice! Can you tell us the serial number or at least the first few digits? Also, can you take a picture of the mount both staking (inside the receiver) and the pin condition outside the receiver? Im thinking of buying one and Id like to see what is going out now. Thanks!

Winnie 03-26-2019 11:57 AM

Serial is 3750003, pictures may take some time. Tag has a 2011 inspection.