CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   The perennial lack of rifles at north store (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=249797)

spt_1955 08-16-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch (Post 1860266)
That is an interesting view point.

And feel free to just address me directly as opposed to “some people”.

As far as why I feel so “entitled” Check CMPs Mission statement.

I just read the CMP mission Statement. Since it was mentioned in the statement I also perused Title 36 of the US Code including Section 40732 dealing with the sale of firearms by the CMP. I see nothing there that should cause a feeling of entitlement over any other member of a "Gun Club" unless you are a youth member in which case you could probably argue that being such gives you preference over older members due to the requirements to support youth marksmanship and training.

Am i missing something? UNless the CMP want to issue garands as prizes in the competition I see nothing in the mission statement or the law under which CMP operates that would entitle competitors to exclusionary access to rifle sales.

Finch 08-17-2019 12:03 AM

As per all of my comments in this thread “at the north store during the matches”

Please refrain from twisting my words.

I’ve stated my opinion if you all want to call me entitled and other passive aggressive insults, please continue, it only proves my point. Ive seen how pushy people get when the North Store opens durring the matches, so I should have expected this response.

I won’t be responding further

mac1911 08-17-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapperjohn17404 (Post 1857454)
It would be interesting to hear from the COO, Mark Johnson why the lack of rifles during the Nationals. Has anyone forwarded this question to the COO?

my guess is they know the sales results.....how many rifles are actually sold at the north shore during the nationals to make it worthy of time/materials/shipping "extra" rifles to the north store.

TSimonetti 08-17-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch (Post 1860160)
I am referring to adding a requirement for competing in the NTI/P100/Doubles/Team matches for buying garands at the north store during the matches not just the stores in general.

There are other opportunities to buy CMP Garands both in store and mail order for those over 60 and or those who can't compete as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Sales at the National Matches should be in support of the National Matches not for locals or for people who want to take a road trip to buy another garand for their safe.

So If I shoot in Garand matches all year in my hometown but donít shoot at Perry, but meet all the cmp requirements, I should have to take a back seat at Perry to a bunch of guys who shoot ARís up there?

How is that fair?

m1garand1055 08-18-2019 07:01 PM

I'm glad I've been purchasing my M1 Garands through Mail order this year. Sure I might not get to pick what I want, the guys at Anniston have been doing a fine job for me. Don't have to listen about guys complaining about whats right or wrong at the North Store!!!Who deserves a nice rifle during the Matches? My opinion ,whoever wants to make the trip to N.S. deserves to purchase Rifles. This thing of arguing about who should be allowed to purchase a Rifle during the Matches is getting out of hand. Cash is King !!!!!!

Blurry 08-18-2019 09:22 PM

Cash

+1...well said.

nf1e 08-19-2019 04:27 AM

^^^^^
So it shall be, So it is written.
The open door policy has always earned more friends than enemies.

bandofM1 08-19-2019 08:44 AM

The demand is high at the matches and truckloads sold fast! I seen many nice rifles there and a few came home.

nobody 08-19-2019 04:57 PM

No dog in this fight.
Seven pages !! And it's not closed HAS got to be a record !!!!!!!
Bahahaha

M1 sniper 08-19-2019 08:16 PM

Too funny lol true though!