CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Minnesota (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Military Rifle Matches in 2014? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=123798)

Siefly 12-01-2013 11:17 PM

Military Rifle Matches in 2014?

Tom---I know Christmas and New years is not here yet, however
are you having Military Rifle Matches at Harris, Mn in 2014?

Thanks

Siefly

tjtorborg 12-01-2013 11:37 PM

As a matter of fact I am! Same weekends as last year. I'm thinking of doing a mm and a sniper each day. Open to suggestions. Although I want to limit it to just two matches a day. Let me know what you think. Always open to suggestions.

tjtorborg 12-02-2013 12:36 AM

I just looked up the dates for grrc and this is what I have:
April 19,
May 10,
June 14,
July 5

Also, another club has contacted me about coordinating their matches with grrc's and theirs are:
April 12
May 3
June 7
July 12

The other club is oakdale gun club and I believe they will all be 100 yard reduced mm matches.

So that is a lot of matches for 2014!

Siefly 12-02-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks---it sounds good. Can't wait. :) I really should get a sniper rifle so I can stay and fire that event. It seems the sniper match is a fast growing event since they started it at Camp Perry a couple of yrs ago.

Later...and thanks again.

Dan

Duce 12-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siefly (Post 965876)
I really should get a sniper rifle so I can stay and fire that event.

I agree! Then we could team up and have each of our rifles zeroed at a specific range. :)

Siefly 12-04-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duce (Post 965911)
I agree! Then we could team up and have each of our rifles zeroed at a specific range. :)

Good idea Dustin---I think "Grizz" wants to get involved in this also.
Maybe there will be another "old hard of hearing" shooter there that he
can team with.:p

Dan

Polaris 12-04-2013 09:50 PM

Well, that looks like a lot of lead to sling next summer! That'll keep me busy at the reloading bench.

For sniper matches, I have a PU sniper I'm willing to loan if we shoot on different relays if you just want to try it out before you take the plunge and buy a rifle.

Duce 12-05-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siefly (Post 967458)
Good idea Dustin---I think "Grizz" wants to get involved in this also.
Maybe there will be another "old hard of hearing" shooter there that he
can team with.:p

Dan

Gittr Dun!

In any event, one doesn't need good ears to shoot well, and methinks Grizz could shoot circles around me all day long.

Polaris 04-03-2014 07:34 AM

Just finally getting the calendar together (wife is putting it together for me). Noticed, Apr 19 is Easter Saturday, May 10 is fishing opener and July 5 is Independence day weekend. Kind of a rough draw on dates this year eh? I may miss some.

tjtorborg 04-03-2014 11:10 PM

Yep, there were some issues. I got Easter weekend, Mother's Day weekend ( don't care about the opener because you can just go the next weekend), Father's Day weekend and the forth of July weekend. I tried to switch but if you can believe it those dates were worse or were during perry.