CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   My Gun DB (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   MyGunDB Go inventory software now available for iPod/iPad/iPhone! (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=82769)

wolfrage 08-07-2012 11:22 PM

MyGunDB Go inventory software now available for iPod/iPad/iPhone!

The best way to manage your firearms on the desktop and Android devices is now available on the iTunes App store!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mygun...2602?ls=1&mt=8

The posted version is 2 versions behind the Android version but the latest version is already submitted -- hopefully it'll just be a couple days before the new release is approved by Apple. It will fix Syncing and add some other features and will be the same version as the Android releases as of then.

So yes, the Syncing isn't working in this version, but it's already fixed for the next release.

Please let me know any questions or suggestions you may have!

nmCollector 08-09-2012 05:03 PM

Good Job

I still need to tweak my iOS version some and then I will submit it as well. I have a few people testing it but no feedback positive or negative.

:)

wolfrage 08-09-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmCollector (Post 646351)
I still need to tweak my iOS version some and then I will submit it as well. I have a few people testing it but no feedback positive or negative.

:)

Yeah, Apple is a pain when it comes to getting approved. They rejected my app until I set the Frequency rating for "Mature/Suggestive Themes" to "Frequent" because it deals with Firearms, just as a heads up.

Blockhead 08-23-2012 09:37 PM

Love this program on my PC. I assume we'll have to purchase it for the Iphone even if we have the full version, correct?

wolfrage 08-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blockhead (Post 654597)
Love this program on my PC. I assume we'll have to purchase it for the Iphone even if we have the full version, correct?

At this time, yes, it is a separate purchase. It's 2 separate systems and code bases.

Blockhead 09-02-2012 10:49 PM

OK, that is not a big deal, but synching is. At what point will the Iphone version "talk" to my PC? And what will be the process for doing so?

Thanks again for a great product.

wolfrage 09-04-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blockhead (Post 660138)
OK, that is not a big deal, but synching is. At what point will the Iphone version "talk" to my PC? And what will be the process for doing so?

Thanks again for a great product.

The iPhone version does -- I'm rewriting the sync code (it's done, I am just doing tests) as some older phones have had issues due to memory and the new system uses much less.

To sync, Open desktop app and select Export to Mobile and save file. Open iTunes app and go to your device and select to view "Apps" scroll page down till you see the File Sharing section. Select MyGunDB Go and select "Add". Select the file you just saved. Then click Sync. Open your mobile device and select Import. Select the file you added and wait for it to complete.

I can't wait to finish the Dropbox integration to make all those steps unneeded.

sergeant major 09-05-2012 06:17 AM

First let me say that “MyGunDB”, PC version, is a great program and I use it all the time for my weapons inventory to the rounds fired count window almost daily. Yesterday I purchased the phone version (Android) for my Samsung Galaxy S II phone. This app loaded to my phone without any problems and functions well up to the point when I tried to import “MyGunDB-Backup.zifs file into the app. The .zifs file shows up in my miscellaneous file folder on the phone (which I can see) but when I try to locate the file when the app is open…the .zifs file cannot be found. I even placed the .zifs file on the phone’s SDCARD, I can see it on the phone but not when the app is open. What am I doing wrong…suggestions? I sure would hate to have to retype all my weapons info into this app.

wolfrage 09-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergeant major (Post 661313)
First let me say that “MyGunDB”, PC version, is a great program and I use it all the time for my weapons inventory to the rounds fired count window almost daily. Yesterday I purchased the phone version (Android) for my Samsung Galaxy S II phone. This app loaded to my phone without any problems and functions well up to the point when I tried to import “MyGunDB-Backup.zifs file into the app. The .zifs file shows up in my miscellaneous file folder on the phone (which I can see) but when I try to locate the file when the app is open…the .zifs file cannot be found. I even placed the .zifs file on the phone’s SDCARD, I can see it on the phone but not when the app is open. What am I doing wrong…suggestions? I sure would hate to have to retype all my weapons info into this app.

Sent you a PM explaining how to sync -- make sure you're using the latest version and sue the Sync W/ Mobile menu instead of backing up.

Russ661 12-03-2012 03:12 PM

I must be even more computer illiterate than I give myself credit for because I cannot for the life of me get Dropbox to work with MGDB. All I can see are .ifs files and no way to open them. I like the program (MGDB) but I can't use it remotely because of this issue. Frankly, I'm not liking Dropbox at all. Very frustrating. //rant off