CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Anyone Have A SS Report for Nov. 12-14? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=1879)

garand871 11-14-2009 10:30 AM

Anyone Have A SS Report for Nov. 12-14?

Can anyone provide a SS report for Nov. 12 through 14? I am particularly interested in BR's and 1917's. Thanks.

hugh.sutherland 11-14-2009 08:58 PM

I went on 12 and 13 November. There was one 1917 that was painted black and full of rust and that was it. There were a couple dozen rough looking BR. Carbines are getting thin if you are looking for RG, but there are still plenty of SG carbines.
Garands had 5-6 racks of SA rackers that fit the description and 3 racks of SA woodless rackers that were also true rackers for the most part. There were plenty of mixed bag HRA and SA field grades. No service grade Garands were to be found.
Winchester was probably 4-5 racks or so of FG Garands that mostly were right at ME of 3, but there were some that did way better and some did worse. I found a mostly correct WRA (receiver, barrel, bolt, trigger assembly, and other assorted parts) that gauged 2.5 on the barrel and 3 on the throat. I put it back on the rack because I already had two rifles, but had second thoughts and went back to get it only to find that it had been grabbed by someone else. It, like all others, looked like it had seen better days with black wood and poor finish.
There were plenty of Kimber 22s and several beat up M44s. Just about the only other thing rifle wise were a few racks of really tired looking national match garands. Loose packs of 400 rounds of 30.06 and leather carbine slings from the Bavarians were about the only other things available.
Oh, I forgot to mention that there were also 3-4 racks of service grade specials. I ended up leaving with a 5.8m service grade special, a woodless racker with a 1-43 correct barrel that measured 3 and 2 at the throat and muzzle respectively and an Inland racker that looked terrible but measured as a SG. All in all it was an expensive, but fun two days.

garand871 11-14-2009 10:02 PM

Thanks for the report. It will be interesting to see how these reports change after the new rifles uncrated at the GCA Convention hit the stores.

hugh.sutherland 11-14-2009 10:23 PM

Forgot to mention that the ladies behind the paperwork counter and the lady that gives you your final copy of the order paperwork all said that crowds had been light recently. One of the gents behind the counter also said the same and attributed it to what he thought was people waiting for the GCA rifles to hit the store.

taymc01 11-15-2009 12:22 AM

Any idea when these rifles will be available? I am planning a trip to the store in early December.

Wulf77 11-15-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taymc01 (Post 13394)
Any idea when these rifles will be available? I am planning a trip to the store in early December.

Leon said it would be after the new year before those Garands would be put out.

bob moore 11-15-2009 09:01 AM

There will be alot of nice postwar rifles when they do make the racks.
But the WW2 rifles will be about the same as you see there now. There were some nice ones, but for the most part, well used mixmasters.