CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   New order packet tips (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=234170)

cmp1911admin 09-14-2018 11:46 AM

New order packet tips

Ok, that's try this one more time and see if we can stay on track. Again I want to thank all those that sent their packets in early where we were able to see common mistakes and to let everyone know.

1. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT COD'S OR PAY POSTAGE DUE.
2. We will not drive to the post office to pick up register mail.
3. This area has 6 different zip codes and just because tracking said it went to
36201 does not mean we didn't get it. 36201 is the main post office.
4. No we can not look through 8000+ packets to see if yours is here.
5. No we can not find your packet to add your birth cert., passport, club card,
FFL, or other documents that you forgot to include in the packet.
6. No we can not check to see if your FFL holder has sent an FFL for you. If
they faxed or emailed it, they would have been sent an acknowledgement
of receipt.
7. We have so far about 200 FFLs that were sent without names on them.
8. I can not understand why FFLs are being sent to me instead of
cmp1911ffl@thecmp.org address as is stated in the order packet.
9. I am doing my best to forward them to the FFL email address. But I am
sure I will miss some. sorry that is on you as it is clearly posted where to
sent.
10. No you are not required to put your SSN in the packet, the NICs people
have asked for it as it is easier to complete the background. But
remember if you go on delay, we can not re-run your NICs for 30 days
and we will not hold up orders for you to come off delay. Unlike some
FFLs, if you go on delay after 3 days they will still sale you the firearms.
We must have a "proceed" before shipping the firearms.
I will continue to update:D

cmp1911admin 09-17-2018 07:11 AM

11. Please don't speculate what CMP 1911 is going or not going to do. People read what they want and get upset when they are told something else.

cmp1911admin 09-17-2018 07:17 AM

12. CMP 1911 has designed a program/system/rules that work for CMP 1911, while it might not make sense to you it does to us, so please quite telling us how to do it or what paperwork we need or don't need.
13. WE CAN NOT LOOK FOR YOUR PACKET TO ADD SOMETHING YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE. EVERYONE HAD 90+ DAYS TO MAKE SURE THE PACKET WAS CORRECT AND COMPLETE.
14. Again please send your FFL to the fax # / email address listed in the order packet.
15. YES THE 2A MUST BE NOTARIZED.
16. YES, only complete the top part of the 3A and leave rest blank.

Circlehook 09-17-2018 10:59 AM

So I included everything needed except the checklist, as I had completed everything the checklist wanted. I didn't get that the checklist itself needed to be included. I guess mine is going in the circular file.

AndyB 09-17-2018 11:18 AM

You’re not alone. I wonder if they’ll call me in 2025 to say that they got to my packet, all papers were included but the checklist, so they can’t help me; or if I’ll never hear anything. I’ll be fine regardless.

I prefer CMP rifle sales’ customer service/communications.

Blackford Oakes 09-17-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp1911admin (Post 1754366)
10. No you are not required to put your SSN in the packet, the NICs people
have asked for it as it is easier to complete the background. But
remember if you go on delay, we can not re-run your NICs for 30 days
and we will not hold up orders for you to come off delay. Unlike some
FFLs, if you go on delay after 3 days they will still sale you the firearms.
We must have a "proceed" before shipping the firearms.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but can you clarify if you guys will or will not be skipping over those who are put on delay through NICS?

cmp1911admin 09-17-2018 02:54 PM

1.We will accept packets without the 4A from.
2. Yes/No, if you go on delay it could mean your selection to pick from has changed or you may have to wait until the next allotment.

cmp1911admin 09-18-2018 05:05 PM

packets

We are getting tons of calls/emails regarding "missing" documents or forgot to get 2A notarize, forgot club information, forgot proof of citizenship and such. I am sorry but if caught the order packet will be rejected. No you can not send us the documents to include in your packet and if you send another packet it too will be rejected. Everyone was give 90 + days to ensure their order packet was correct and complete and it is not fair to the others that submitted a complete order packet. I know 99% were an honest mistake but there is always that 1% that will try to scam the system as we have already found out.

USMC-Nav 09-18-2018 05:27 PM

I think mine was completed according to the instructions.
Everything was checked off as completed or attached.
Now that said, if I didn’t do it correctly then it’s no ones fault but mine.

Jeff1963 09-18-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp1911admin (Post 1755786)
We are getting tons of calls/emails regarding "missing" documents or forgot to get 2A notarize, forgot club information, forgot proof of citizenship and such. I am sorry but if caught the order packet will be rejected. No you can not send us the documents to include in your packet and if you send another packet it too will be rejected. Everyone was give 90 + days to ensure their order packet was correct and complete and it is not fair to the others that submitted a complete order packet. I know 99% were an honest mistake but there is always that 1% that will try to scam the system as we have already found out.

Dang, you guys need to go out with a press release and update the webpage and Facebook as well with this information. One can only imagine what what it is going to be like here, and the emails/phone calls, as the 4th gets closer.

Hang in there! But on the bright side, for each packet you trash, will put mine farther to the head of the chow line[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk