CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Forum Webmaster (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   One of you guys deleted a posting of mine (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=54515)

Bill Ricca 09-14-2011 09:20 PM

One of you guys deleted a posting of mine

I am confused. I made two posts identifying a fake item on the for sale board and now I see it was deleted.

I guess the truth about the Military History is not important? I would like to know who deleted it and why.

GhostInTheMachine 09-15-2011 11:27 AM

I did.

Original poster requested it, suggested that the post was getting off topic considering it was a "for sale" thread. Does CMP need a "Military History" thread?

-GitM

canes7 09-15-2011 11:41 AM

Bill has always been a trusted source of identifying humped parts. If it were not for him many people would be ripped off. If the OP of the thread had an issue that Bill had called out his item as fake perhaps the OP should have been given the option of removing his listing or modifying his listing to include that the item has been identified as a fake.

Dave Stitz 09-15-2011 12:15 PM

It is a sad day for the forum when a member with the most knowledge and experience with authentic military hardware has a post deleted for statements about for sale item's authenticity.

Dave

Bill Ricca 09-15-2011 02:54 PM

I think a thread like that would be good. Better yet why not make a thread where individuals ask what is real and what is fake. We can go into many items that are being made.

Let me know either way. If not, I may start a page on my web site covering fake items and keeping the history straight.

campperrykid 09-15-2011 03:19 PM

That would seem to indicate a significant issue , well worth careful and impartial examination.

Orlando 09-15-2011 03:33 PM

Bill
I dont know if you saw the thread after you made your informative post but there were probably 5-6 other posts all in a discussion that had nothing to do with the original post. It got way off base , the discussions ranged into asked about pull throughs and cleaning rods . I PM'ed a mod and asked him to delete as it was getting waaaay off base.
I guess they agreed with me

campperrykid 09-15-2011 05:14 PM

I would vote for that.

ItsGarand 09-15-2011 06:00 PM

Personally, I would like to know what I am buying is real USGI or not.

Let's say Mr. Somebody is selling an item here which is either advertised to be or hinted at being USGI or of a particular time period. If one of our board members can refute the assertion - with proof - I think that should be allowed.

Caveat Emptor should always be observed, but after all we are a community of sorts and should be able to look out for each other.

USMCgitmo82 09-15-2011 07:41 PM

Dont sweat it Bill. You want Military History? A US Marine was awarded the Medal of Honor today for saving the lives of 36 fellow marines and soldiers. The first MOH awarded to a living marine since the war started. Thats more important than anything going on on this forum. Take a second and read about it in todays news.