CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   M1 Carbine (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Will CMP ever get more carbines? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=224031)

Mkling 02-22-2018 01:26 PM

Will CMP ever get more carbines?

Will the CMP ever get more carbines? Iíd like to get one some day.
I read somewhere that South Korea has something like 600,000 carbines.

RVN 69-70 02-22-2018 01:50 PM

Who Knows for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkling (Post 1688603)
Will the CMP ever get more carbines? Iíd like to get one some day.
I read somewhere that South Korea has something like 600,000 carbines.

YES.....NO,,,,, Maybe.....only time will tell. Patience grasshopper

T38Carbine 02-22-2018 02:27 PM

It won’t be long...and a carbine hunting we will go!!

mrrm 02-22-2018 04:43 PM

My guess is that yes the CMP will receive some more M1 Carbines in the future. When exactly is another question? If you are looking for an M1 Carbine there are plenty of other places to find nice ones. Some very nice ones come up for sale right here on the forum traders pages.

Good luck in your search.

Slimblundt 01-05-2019 11:56 PM

Will we ever see M1 Carbines from CMP again?

Thereís a good chance this question has been asked and answered before, but Iím new here. With all the Philippines Garands and outstanding Korean guns, I have to think some carbines are still floating around. Well? Thanks!

New2Brass 01-06-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

outstanding Korean guns
Is that an oxymoron?

Seriously though, yes a possibility as some were going to come in till a previous administration killed it.
But I am not holding my breath.

grantini 01-06-2019 08:08 AM

That would be awesome

T38Carbine 01-06-2019 01:34 PM

Whether CMP has more for sale is most unlikely but a possibility. You are probably most interested because you would anticipate a carbine at a low price? I think that ship has sailed. CMP has become very good at figuring out fair market value. Don’t get me wrong. A CMP supplied weapon will be looked over by competent armorers, backed up by a great organization, and proceeds to a great cause. But you will still pay a price similar to what’s available now. Don’t wait...do some research and know what you want, and buy it!!

grantini 01-10-2019 10:37 AM

How sure is everyone that there aren't batches of Carbines in Austria, Japan, Korea and the Phillipines that will be reclaimed? I'm just curious....

Slimblundt 01-10-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantini (Post 1791397)
How sure is everyone that there aren't batches of Carbines in Austria, Japan, Korea and the Phillipines that will be reclaimed? I'm just curious....

Having looked over some older threads, Mark [=CMP boss] indicated that all rifles coming from the Philippines are Garands. I believe thereís some dispute over Korea claiming ownership of their lend/lease rifles. Unsure about Austria and Japan or any other countries.