CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Unlimited modern military? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=231953)

wfo87 07-30-2018 01:53 PM

Unlimited modern military?

I see on the Camp Perry results page there is a subcategory under modern military for unlimited modern military but I can't find any Info anyplace. What qualifies for this?

Craftsman 07-30-2018 05:00 PM

I'd like to know too. I keep hearing the CMP is running an unlimited MM category, but I see nothing in the rule book about it. I'd like to include it in my club's sanctioned GSVMM matches.
I also wish they had the printed version of the 2018 Games rules available to purchase. Looks like you can still only buy 2016, which is good for what?

Roadkingtrax 07-30-2018 05:20 PM

NM AR, Heavy NM M1, M1A NM rifles. Basically...shoot an XTC rifle at the easier 200 SR and try to clean it in all positions.

Jeremy2171 07-31-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax (Post 1740414)
NM AR, Heavy NM M1, M1A NM rifles. Basically...shoot an XTC rifle at the easier 200 SR and try to clean it in all positions.

So the "light NM" rifles still fall under the regular "modern military" correct?

Roadkingtrax 07-31-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy2171 (Post 1740718)
So the "light NM" rifles still fall under the regular "modern military" correct?

Garand? Less than 10.5lbs would be unlimited M1.

LazyEngineer 08-05-2018 07:13 PM

On the line at Perry this year, they basically were allowing anything. Oversized calibers, muzzle breaks, optics that exceeded 4.5X capability (but taped to 4.5X for the match). Pretty much anything that goes bang, can qualify for unlimited MM, is what I saw first hand at least. Which is fine.

Craftsman 08-05-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyEngineer (Post 1742179)
On the line at Perry this year, they basically were allowing anything. Oversized calibers, muzzle breaks, optics that exceeded 4.5X capability (but taped to 4.5X for the match). Pretty much anything that goes bang, can qualify for unlimited MM, is what I saw first hand at least. Which is fine.

Do you happen to know the achievement medal score cutoffs? Since MM has a bronze bottom cut of 270, what is the Unlimited MM? There's a nine point higher score level in Unlimited Garand to medal a bronze. What, if any other rules are observed in unlimited MM? I have guys that would love to bring their tacti-cool ar's to our local club GSVMM matches. Maybe the CMP will include it in the 2019 rule book. Another shooter on the line is a good thing.

Craftsman 08-30-2018 09:12 PM

So I'm filling out our club's 2019 CMP GSM sanctioned clinic and match applications tonight, we're doing 1 clinic with cookout and match in January and 8 sanctioned matches throughout the year. It's the first time I see the option for Unlimited Modern Military on the app. So I'm hoping the score cards they send include the option as well. Now if they can just put some rules in the rule book for it we'll be all set

Kilo-Sierra 08-30-2018 10:10 PM

My rifle falls in the regular MM category. i agree with about all of the above info. I did hear that the weight limit was 9.5 pounds. That's the rub....I HEARD it, didn't READ it. Until I see it in writing I would go with the statement: "NM AR, Heavy NM M1, M1A NM rifles. Basically...shoot an XTC rifle at the easier 200 SR and try to clean it in all positions."

Not sure of the cut scores for unlimited MM.

Bottom line is....the guy that does well is the guy who shoots well on his feet.

Keith

Craftsman 10-22-2018 10:19 PM

Just received our clinic and match supplies from the CMP for our upcoming 2018-2019 sanctioned CMP/GSM Games Match Season, and yes, lucky Floridians enjoy our best outdoor shooting from Nov through May with temps averaging in the 50s-70s, low humidity, dry and sunny, perfect high power weather!
The new scorecards have the category Unlimited Modern Military listed for the first time at the local match level. It's great news as our first match is Saturday Nov 3, less than 2 weeks away, and I know we have shooters who will like to shoot Unlimited MM. My problem is, I see no available information on rules or score cuts. I just sent an email to Kim Filipiak requesting the info.
It sounds like anything in black rifle configuration would qualify for UMM, but does anyone know what the score cuts are?
I need to find out in the next 12 days!
Thanks!