CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   August 5 AM Visit (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=285558)

TSimonetti 08-08-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajz1966 (Post 2068881)
Did I miss something about proof of registration for a match to buy a rifle or ammo?

Yes you did. You could have printed out your proof of match registration and payment that is listed on your e-store account and brought that with you to the store any time on or after the July 12 opening day. The store did not require proof of match participation or a complete packet with scorecard in order to purchase, they only needed proof of registration.

broomhandle 08-09-2021 08:11 PM

Hello Fellow posters,

We have been up to the CMP match's & the North Store three times in the last eight years.
Sadly pickings were always poor each time we managed to get up there. :( Maybe NEXT time will be the charm!

Good luck on your quest for the NEXT CMP rifle.
broom

mrhunt14 08-09-2021 09:39 PM

I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!

martindc1 08-10-2021 07:29 AM

They had about a half dozen 6 mil’s as of Sunday morning, I thought they looked pretty decent.

Mountain 08-10-2021 07:53 AM

As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight.

On the positive side, CMP seems to have worked a balance between sending some stock to the NS for the Nationals but not overly shorting inventory for the huge backlog of mail orders. That said, I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to grab one of those chrome rifles.

martindc1 08-10-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 2069386)
As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight...

My guess is the rear sights for the Daisys comes in the box upon purchase. I have two, and they came with an box containing a rear sight, various front sight inserts, stock spacers, sling etc.

It appeared they restocked a little before opening Sunday morning as there looked to be some rack specials that went quickly after opening Sunday morning.

Shomway 08-10-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhunt14 (Post 2069347)
I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!

Be aware that rifle and ammo sales are limited to NM competitors.
Quote:

The North store will open Monday July 12 at the start of the National Matches. Rifle and Ammo sales are for 2021 NM competitors only. No appointments.

mrhunt14 08-10-2021 10:35 AM

Thanks for that update. Looks like Iím not headed up there.

mnhusker 08-10-2021 04:02 PM

Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove :(.

What has the world come to? It is to weep........

Mountain 08-11-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhusker (Post 2069520)
Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove :(.

What has the world come to? It is to weep........

I would have much preferred that CMP held more rifle inventory for the people who actually shoot them. Much of the 'cool' stuff was put in the racks way before the 'Games' events started. The very few Rack Specials that were put out were snatched up right at opening. If one had a full dance card for matches, no way for a competitor to get one of these.

I heard from a CMP contact that some, perhaps most of the bigger vendors did not show up on commercial row not only for lack of inventory, but they were too short on personnel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.