CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Auction (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Auction shipping times? (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=217882)

CounterMeasure 10-21-2017 02:52 PM

Auction shipping times?

Got the paperwork in the mail for a recent win, and made sure to write "Attn: Auction Sales" all over this one this time around so it doesn't spend a ton of time stuck with the rest of the rifle orders like last time. :)

Are there any rough estimates on how far out they are on shipping auction items?

Big_Red 10-21-2017 04:59 PM

They have a dedicated person to process auction orders, so they are quick.
Historically they ship inside of 14 days from when you get your DBU.

613jmm 10-21-2017 05:42 PM

I was surprised at how long mine took. I won 2 auctions on May 4th, and they shipped June 6th . But that was back in 2013 so maybe things have changed.

CounterMeasure 10-21-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Red (Post 1648810)
They have a dedicated person to process auction orders, so they are quick.
Historically they ship inside of 14 days from when you get your DBU.

Thank you sir, that timeline works for me. Did not know if there was some recent sales release that skyrocketed the mail that would mean I need to give move time for DBU.

Big_Red 10-22-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CounterMeasure (Post 1648858)
Thank you sir, that timeline works for me. Did not know if there was some recent sales release that skyrocketed the mail that would mean I need to give move time for DBU.

Yes sir, and that brings up a good clarification...the mail all gets deposited and sorted the same. So, yes, a large volume of mail can slow down delivery of auction mail.
And you must make sure you mark it "ATTN: Auction Sales" so that when it is sorted, it will get routed to the auction folks.
Otherwise, it will get sorted with all the other orders and they will get to it when they open the envelope, whenever that may be, and who know how long it could take to process...

Ohio Don 10-23-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CounterMeasure (Post 1648786)
Got the paperwork in the mail for a recent win, and made sure to write "Attn: Auction Sales" all over this one this time around so it doesn't spend a ton of time stuck with the rest of the rifle orders like last time. :)

Are there any rough estimates on how far out they are on shipping auction items?

Back at the end of Sept I sent in on Sept 25th and received on Oct 3. Just a hair over a week from mailing to in my hands.

CounterMeasure 10-24-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Don (Post 1649351)
Back at the end of Sept I sent in on Sept 25th and received on Oct 3. Just a hair over a week from mailing to in my hands.

Thanks. Looks like my paperwork made it there yesterday, so the clock's ticking to pick a Garand that leaves the safe to make room for this new item. I really cannot get another firearm in either safe, and my wife has said no to a bigger safe given the pain to get it upstairs across brand new carpet. :cry:

GuapoPogi 10-27-2017 05:28 PM

I just won an auction last Saturday and got my paperwork in the mail on Monday but nothing is showing on my account yet, no charge to my card or any e-mails yet.

GuapoPogi

CounterMeasure 10-27-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuapoPogi (Post 1650342)
I just won an auction last Saturday and got my paperwork in the mail on Monday but nothing is showing on my account yet, no charge to my card or any e-mails yet.

GuapoPogi

My paperwork arrived Monday and haven't heard anything either. I guess the auction person was on vacation this last week. :)

I am sure there will be movement next week.

CounterMeasure 10-30-2017 11:21 AM

I got the auction-specific DBU email this morning, and looks like the order hit my account as well as my CC to boot. So I expect we'll all see shipments soon. :)