CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Big thanks to admin (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235135)

Det. Jason 714 10-08-2018 09:01 AM

Big thanks to admin

I just wanted to thank the CMP1911Admin for bringing back a sense of humor that many of us haven't seen since a certain fella said they would be selling "USGI Goats" (still waiting on my DBU) anyway for all the calls and emails and posts and carrier pigeons messages, the quirky jokes are awesome. :GS:

DBR63 10-08-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 (Post 1761089)
I just wanted to thank the CMP1911Admin for bringing back a sense of humor that many of us haven't seen since a certain fella said they would be selling "USGI Goats" (still waiting on my DBU) anyway for all the calls and emails and posts and carrier pigeons messages, the quirky jokes are awesome. :GS:

^^^^ This! Thank you!

4ds4me 10-08-2018 10:48 AM

I cant wait to see pictures of that US&S he cherry picked for himself!

Johnho 10-08-2018 11:04 AM

I've had a lot of enjoyment reading all the complaints etc about the process and rules and shaking my head with the whole thing. Frankly, I don't know how CMP1911admin does it. These complainers have never had to put together a system for anything. Never had to try and anticipate EVERY single minutia of a what if. How to figure out how someone can screw it up and then write up something to avoid it. Anything like this process was going to proceed with some changes or modifications as it went along just due to the nature of this beast of trying to sell, horrors, pistols from the govt. Good job admin.

Oh, you didn't get your goat, I got mine. I'm waiting on the jeep now. When will the surplus BAR's be released?

sigman2 10-08-2018 11:26 AM

I can't begin to imagine the crap that the folks at CMP1911 have had to put up with. A special thanks to CMP1911Adim for his patience and humor. You guys deserve a special place in heaven. :GS:

THANKS!!!

yoteman 10-08-2018 11:42 AM

Now to keep the people from bothering them as the process moves forward will be the trick. You know there will be plenty of people screaming fowl as the crying starts.

CMP admin has done a great job handling this release. I think it could become the standard for any future release of the more collectable firearms they receive.

Stormeaston 10-08-2018 11:55 AM

Yes, hats off to the CMP your doing a great job!

Whitpusmc 10-08-2018 12:51 PM

You can order a BAR from them now.

Just use a standard form SN-12AF-U / J and where it says “popcorn maker” strike it out and write in “Machine Gun.”

When my goat showed up it was so cosmoline soaked it was unusable plus it was 1903 manufactured and was just skin and bones..... mostly bones.

Good luck!

sergeant major 10-08-2018 03:28 PM

CMP had goats and jeeps...I want a jeep.

steelap 10-08-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigman2 (Post 1761130)
.... You guys deserve a special place in heaven. :GS:

THANKS!!!

I included a gift card for the Liquor Store in my packet. That may go over better! :D

"Life is Good!"