X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike D
    • Jun 2010

Looks like a NM...

I think someone got a good deal on this one. I was "watching" it, and would have bid more, but forgot the end time. Mike

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/842111036
  • Rick the Librarian
    • Oct 2009

Sure looks like it!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• chuckindenver
      • Jan 2012

has my vote, super nice rifle

Comment

• Roadkingtrax
        • Oct 2009

Not listed on my SRS, but in good company.

I wonder if their could be some additional documentation in this block of NM rifles.

1231077NM 091124DCM RIFLE SALES 1922-42
        1231090NM 052424INFANTRY TEAM 1924 NM
        1231094 (GUNBROKER)
        1231098NM 052424INFANTRY TEAM 1924 NM
        1231149 111931FT NIAGARA TO SA

Comment

• crayj
          • Jan 2010

Hello all, I am the auction winner, I just logged in to see if I could get one of you folks to check SRS for me. To my surprise you guys you guys had a thread going about my Springfield. The rifle arrived today, I could not be more pleased with it, the condition is amazing, I do not believe it has been messed with at all. The only issue I have found is that the rear sight windage function is frozen, the knob will turn a bit in either direction, but the sight will not move. Any tips to determine if it might be a NM would be appreciated. I will work on some photos ASAP.
          Thx cj

Comment

• Mike D
            • Jun 2010

The SRS check is in the post above. The polished bolt, raceways on the receiver and follower are other signs. I would have made you pay at least a couple hundred more had I remembered the auction end time!

Mike

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
              • Oct 2009

A reminder that those given/sold to members of the military do not usually show up on SRS. Your rifle could be one of those.
              "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
              --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• sakorick
                • Dec 2009

It should have a serrated trigger, fine checked butt plate and the inspector's initial with a number on top of the barrel under the triggerguard. 9-21 rifle would have no * mark on the muzzle. Looks like the guy who sold it didn't have a clue!

Comment

• DougS
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by crayj View Post
                  Hello all, I am the auction winner, I just logged in to see if I could get one of you folks to check SRS for me. To my surprise you guys you guys had a thread going about my Springfield. The rifle arrived today, I could not be more pleased with it, the condition is amazing, I do not believe it has been messed with at all. The only issue I have found is that the rear sight windage function is frozen, the knob will turn a bit in either direction, but the sight will not move. Any tips to determine if it might be a NM would be appreciated. I will work on some photos ASAP.
                  Thx cj
                  From the Gunbroker pictures it appears that maybe the right side of the rear sight rear indicator is pushed forward and maybe binding the rear sight from moving. If so, you may need to give the sight some clearance in that area by very slightly bending that area back.
                  You could also push on the rear sight as you rotate the windage knob until the sight clears that area (sorry don't know the right terminology for that part of the sight) and remove the sight. Once removed, remove the windage screw. Then put the rear sight on the pivot and check where it may be binding by rotating the sight manually left to right and back on the pivot.

Comment

• crayj
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sakorick View Post
                    It should have a serrated trigger, fine checked butt plate and the inspector's initial with a number on top of the barrel under the triggerguard. 9-21 rifle would have no * mark on the muzzle. Looks like the guy who sold it didn't have a clue!
                    Thanks all for the thoughtful replies, the rifle has the following, Polished bolt and raceways, no * on the barrel crown, serrated trigger, fine checkered butt plate, NM rear sight leaf, W.E.S. cartouch and P proof. I really don't want to pull the stock off to check for barrel numbers. I will get some photos posted soon.

Comment

• sakorick
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by crayj View Post
                      Thanks all for the thoughtful replies, the rifle has the following, Polished bolt and raceways, no * on the barrel crown, serrated trigger, fine checkered butt plate, NM rear sight leaf, W.E.S. cartouch and P proof. I really don't want to pull the stock off to check for barrel numbers. I will get some photos posted soon.

It's the real deal. Those barrel numbers are very important. All you have to do is loosen the 2 bands, slide them forward and the handguard is free. I sure would like to know the inspector initial and number.....it may be the same guy who inspected mine!

Comment

• crayj
                        • Jan 2010

I had a chance to take some photos, but forgot the front barre markings (SA 9-21) Let me know your thoughts...
                        cj

Album Link:
                        https://imgur.com/a/6WCLI0w

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• budmant
                          • Oct 2009

SUHWEET!!!! Congratulations.
                          45 positive feedbacks before the change

Comment

• John Beard
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by sakorick View Post
                            All you have to do is loosen the 2 bands, slide them forward and the handguard is free.
                            Not so! The handguard is properly removed by:

(1) Removing the screw from the upper band and sliding the upper band fully forward up against the front sight.

(2) Remove the screw from the lower band (or loosen the screw if swaged in like an M'03-A3).

(3) Depress the lower band retaining spring and slide the lower band and handguard forward TOGETHER until the handguard is up against the front sight.

(4) Then slide the lower band fully forward and remove the handguard.

Not following this procedure risks gouging the stock.

J.B.

Comment

• sakorick
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by John Beard View Post
                              Not so! The handguard is properly removed by:

(1) Removing the screw from the upper band and sliding the upper band fully forward up against the front sight.

(2) Remove the screw from the lower band (or loosen the screw if swaged in like an M'03-A3).

(3) Depress the lower band retaining spring and slide the lower band and handguard forward TOGETHER until the handguard is up against the front sight.

(4) Then slide the lower band fully forward and remove the handguard.

Not following this procedure risks gouging the stock.

J.B.

Thanks JB. That's what I meant to say. Getting old!

Comment

Working...
                              X