• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norwich93
    • Dec 2009

M1 Carbine Assembley & Disassembly Videos

Happy New Year!

New Video added

Complete Trigger Housing Disassembly / Reassembly Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izVa...ature=youtu.be

Hello,

I finally followed through on an idea I had to make videos of assembly and disassembly of the M1 Carbine after people writing about using the trigger spring tool to put the trigger in. I have a way without using it saving you $. Also there are a few more videos people get stuck on.

If the videos help you please leave a comment on the video website.

Thanks, Rob

http://www.youtube.com/user/norwich9...e=results_main

List of Videos:

(New) M1 Carbine Magazine Types, Function, & Maintenance

Bolt Disassembly/Assembly
    Gas Piston Removal/Installation
    Barrel Band Spring Removal
    Front Sight Removal/Installation
    Rear Removal/Installation
    Trigger Housing Functions Check
    Sear Installation Without Tools
    Trigger Installation Without Tools
    Sling & Oiler Installation
    Hammer Installation
    Bolt Removal/Installation Without Disassembling the Rifle, No Tools
    (Future Video on tools I use and how I get the most out of them)

(With your feedback I might do more, let me know, I wouldn't do barrels and receiver jobs due to liability but I could do something on like how to inspect these areas if you considering a purchase.)
    Last edited by norwich93; 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM. Reason: added videos
    Thanks,

Rob

norwich93(atsign)att(dot)net

Please e-mail me directly as I don't check PMs here often enough if you need a response timely.

Over 125 feedbacks with 100% rating. Have confidence, I use the same username here, on eBay, and GunBroker. I also have a web store, e-mail me for the link. YouTube videos under the channel name norwich93cmp
  • 6 Ring
    • Apr 2010

Use the hammer to push back the sear, I learned something. My fingers thank you.
    I have to watch the trigger spring again, I'm not sure you didn't use mirrors on that one.

Comment

• funcun1
      • Jul 2011

m1 carbine assembley disassembly videos

nice,very nice the older i get the easier is better.on the trigger spring and hammer,line it up like you have it.maybe the trigger spring not as down as you have it take your right thumb push the spring down at the same time with your left thumb snap the the trigger your find the trigger and spring seated.might take a few times catch on.you and anybody on board will catch right on. keep videos up great job.

Comment

• meplat
        • Jan 2010

Nice. In the past, I've fashioned a hook from a paperclip to draw the trigger spring into that hole, but this seems to be a better way ...

Here's the HOWTO I want to see, the way they did it at Standard Products

Comment

• Dan Mac
          • Oct 2009

Very well done!
          Thank you for your effort, very impressive vidios.

Comment

• USAR6
            • Feb 2010

Norwich93,
            Those video's are excellent, they are so good for a old man like me. I would enjoy more. Guy's like you are what make CMP forums the best place to spend time.
            Thank You very much.
            Dick

Comment

• norwich93
              • Dec 2009

Sounds good folks. I was thinking for the next round:

Front sight removal & installation

Gas Piston & Nut removal & installation

Rear sight removal & installation

Barrel band spring removal & installation

Recoil plate trick (for getting the gun closer to the stock when sliding the barrel band over)

And thanks for the positive responses, Rob
              Thanks,

Rob

Please e-mail me directly as I don't check PMs here often enough if you need a response timely.

Over 125 feedbacks with 100% rating. Have confidence, I use the same username here, on eBay, and GunBroker. I also have a web store, e-mail me for the link. YouTube videos under the channel name norwich93cmp

Comment

• tenOC
                Banned
                • Jun 2010

Yeah, the picture quality is great and from what I watched you covered the steps necessary to perform the task. Well done.

Comment

• norwich93
                  • Dec 2009

I place the camera from the same perspective as I see things (and the viewer too) because it just makes more sense.

Accidentally shot the video in High Definition (what a pain in the 4th point of contact to upload, it took me 2 days to do it.)

Thanks USAR6, Dan Mac, meplat, funcun1, 6 Ring, and tenOC for your comments.
                  Thanks,

Rob

Comment

• JKL
                    • Jun 2011

Excellent videos--very well done. Concise and to the point. I think they are all helpful, but I really enjoyed the video showing how to take the bolt out without taking the rifle down completely. I can see a lot of situations where that is going to be extremely useful....Thanks for sharing....JKL

Comment

• yooper
                      • Oct 2009

Videos are great; looking forward to your next round too! Thanks!

Comment

• MalteseHawk10
                        • Apr 2010

I enjoyed watching your videos. I saw few things that I am going to try next time. I'll be waiting to see your next videos.

Comment

• Deerjager
                          • May 2012

Those are awesome. The one on taking out the bolt of an assembled rifle was my favorite. Thank you very much.
                          "If you are coming to get my guns, bring your own"

μολων λαβέ
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

• norwich93
                            • Dec 2009

Thanks yooper, MalteseHawk10, and Deejager.

I think in a week or two I will add so of the below, any suggestions???:

1. Installing Sling and Oiler without Damaging the Stock
                            2. Front Sight Removal & Installation
                            3. Gas Piston Removal & Installation
                            4. Gas Piston Maintenance
                            5. Rear Sight Removal and Installation
                            6. Removal and Installation of the Barrel Band Spring
                            7. Tools I Use

Thanks everyone, Rob
                            Thanks,

Rob

Comment

• PaulS 0706
                              • Nov 2010

Outstanding work....I've watched them all so far...with your advice...so easy a caveman can do it.
                              Many thanks for your efforts - Paul S

Comment

Working...
                              X