Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike D
    • Jun 2010

I've ordered one. An extra $30 in shipping and tax. Plus, my C&R is out of date, so I'll be in another $25.

It's gotta be worth $150, if the receiver is useable, and you get a few extra bolt parts and hardware? If the stock and handguard is fixable, it would be worth something. Hell, a trigger guard, follower and spring is worth $20, in halfa$$ condition, if it works. We'll see.

I'll be sure to post photos when I get it. CMP sucks when it comes to posting photos, and I've only used photobucket in the past, so it might take a bit to get used to imgur, which seems to be the way to go. Is there a way I can transfer all my albums over?? That would be nice.

I was tech savvy as a kid, in the '80's, cause I was good with the VCR and Atari, but not anymore.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike D; 02-23-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• lemmonhead
      • May 2010

OK kids here you go.

I order three. I might have been the first one to order because there were 100 listed when I ordered on the 19th.
      They are rougher than the last batch for sure. The welds look a little bigger on the cutoff. The stocks are all cracked around the wrist. I like repairing stocks so not a big deal for me. They can all be repaired.
      All hand guards are cracked, all should be easy fixes.
      Metal looks good.
      One had a sight blade the other 2 did not. No rear sights.
      I haven't had a chance to take them out of the stocks to see the barrel weld.

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lemmonhead View Post
        OK kids here you go.

I order three. I might have been the first one to order because there were 100 listed when I ordered on the 19th.
        They are rougher than the last batch for sure. The welds look a little bigger on the cutoff. The stocks are all cracked around the wrist. I like repairing stocks so not a big deal for me. They can all be repaired.
        All hand guards are cracked, all should be easy fixes.
        Metal looks good.
        One had a sight blade the other 2 did not. No rear sights.
        I haven't had a chance to take them out of the stocks to see the barrel weld.
        Are they all the same mfgr?

Comment

• lemmonhead
          • May 2010

All Remington. One has a S&C buttplate but that is about it.

Comment

• MountainBear
            • Jul 2014

Well, why the heck not. Ordered one just because I could. At the very least, some decent parts for the bin,

Comment

• snuffy1a
              • May 2012

lemmonhead, since I've never done a stock repair like this, can you point me to the best info on doing stock repair. Thanks... snuffy1a

Comment

• Smal
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Well I went and ordered one after looking in my parts stash a little while ago I can build a 03 if I get a decent stock and a useable receiver I can recover, I have enough to make it worth the effort. Anyone have a look at that receiver weld yet?

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Smal View Post
                  Well I went and ordered one after looking in my parts stash a little while ago I can build a 03 if I get a decent stock and a useable receiver I can recover, I have enough to make it worth the effort. Anyone have a look at that receiver weld yet?
                  This is why I had ordered one,and I found a barrel.I would have liked to order more,but then I would just be sad that I didn't have enough parts.

Comment

• SA1941
                    • Feb 2017

Not as good as the $200 versions that were being sold last month. Only value here is the receiver and bolt parts, and small hardware. Of course, being able to get a usable receiver in good shape for 100 dollars is a smashing good deal in my opinion. The weld on the top one looks rough. Good luck with them, and please continue to post pics of your progress.

Comment

• Jakeroub
                      • Dec 2016

Good write up here:

http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/firea...front2back.htm

Comment

• lemmonhead
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by snuffy1a View Post
                        lemmonhead, since I've never done a stock repair like this, can you point me to the best info on doing stock repair. Thanks... snuffy1a

There is good information on the Surplus Rifle Forum for stock repair.
                        http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/vie...51207809f452cc

Comment

• lemmonhead
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Smal View Post
                          Pretty much luck of the draw. Off the three I just received. Two of them had large barrel welds, however not much of the weld is touching the receiver. The other one had one small tack.

Comment

• snuffy1a
                            • May 2012

Thanks lemmonhead for the info on stock repair. I'm sure I'll need it.. snuffy1a

Comment

• Smal
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Thanks Lemonhead that's what I was needing to know sounds like when they drilled the hole to weld the barrel and plug it did not go thru the receiver ring or receiver anywhere, A simple small weld tacking the barrel on is a piece of cake if that's all there is,On Barrels I have seen a few original NOS in the wrap out there most are sold out I imagine from the last 03 sales event on grade 1,s if anyone comes across some good barrels pass it along if you don't mind I have a few sources I'm checking with if i come up with any ill pass them along also, I did find some 03 cut offs if anyone needs them let me know, But that is a pretty big weld on those cut offs looks like fun with those,lol

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
                                • Oct 2009

Mine came today,and got the cutoff area cleanup up,and new barrel on.Won't be able to finish ream,and assemble until friday,or so.
                                https://imgur.com/a/fXg7I

Comment

Working...
                                X