Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super Duty-KTP
    • Oct 2009

I have had the pleasure to speak with the guys at the Star-Line booths during the last 3 NRA Conventions, and they are always looking for feedback and customer requests. The .308 Win offerings are now in the pipeline, with the now popular 6.5 Creedmore in the works.
    I'm sure if enough Vintage Rifle buffs emailed them with their wishes, the .30-40 Krag could become yet another reality and successful product line.
    WMC.

www.starlinebrass.com
    Last edited by Super Duty-KTP; 01-04-2017, 11:16 AM.
    NRA Life/Benefactor

Comment

The only way to get 30-40 Krag produced is for CMP to order 250,000 rnds. from Creedmoor. At this time we do not have enough demand to justify the order.

Comment

• GGaskill
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2009

Are you accumulating demand?
        Only hits count.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant

Comment

• dhendricks
          • Nov 2009

When I suggested manufacturers I was thinking along the lines of Remington and Winchester. I didn't even consider asking a manufacturer to start up from scratch. They (Remington and Winchester) both manufacture .30-40 krag for commercial sales. Perhaps they could be convinced to schedule a run early enough to benefit Krag Jorgenson shooters. I for one don't want to spend $4.00 and up a round for practice ammunition, or $3.00 and up for brass.
          Last edited by dhendricks; 01-22-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Gman
            • Mar 2010

Fwiw

Had problems finding the brass for the past several years. Found a couple of other forums that suggested the 303 Brit. Most dimensions are real close, but the neck is noticeably shorter. I found that if you load long bullets (I used a Hornady 208 gr.) your COL can easily be maintained. My carbine can't tell the difference. Of course, I'm not making a recommendation. Just saying.

Comment

• NaughtyMonkey
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Gman View Post
              Had problems finding the brass for the past several years. Found a couple of other forums that suggested the 303 Brit. Most dimensions are real close, but the neck is noticeably shorter. I found that if you load long bullets (I used a Hornady 208 gr.) your COL can easily be maintained. My carbine can't tell the difference. Of course, I'm not making a recommendation. Just saying.
              The best part of using the .303 brass is you don't have to case trim because the cases are short. One less step haha.
              -General George S. Patton Jr.
              "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

http://m1family.com
              The M1 Carbine dedicated forum!

Comment

• mississippiGMC
                • Jun 2015

Ammo in stock at Grafs

Not cheap but here is some if you need it:

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/23493

Comment

• Pinecone
                  • Jan 2014

At close to $2 per round, I would get a press and reload.

Grafs seems to have the brass in stock most of the time.

Comment

• Gray Winger
                    • Oct 2009

30-40

Go here :http://www.targetsportsusa.com/30-40...mo-c-962.aspx#

Al in Fishkill

Comment

• edlmann
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gray Winger View Post
                      Two choices, both out of stock.
                      A few variations on the black-cat-in-a-dark-room analogy:
                      1. Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
                      2. Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
                      3. Under Marxism, it's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there, and the State announces, "We found it!"

Comment

Working...
                      X