View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Default WTS: Military history books and a couple of movies

Hello all,
I have a small selection of books for sale, along with a couple of movies on DVD. All are in good condition, but have been used and read. The movies play fine--I have watched them all myself recently.

Shipping is actual USPS costs. PM me with your selection to get a shipping quote. Media mail is generally the cheapest option, but usually takes a week or ten days. If you need a faster option, let me know and we will figure it out.

I can accept paypal, checks (held until cleared), or USPS money orders.

Pictures will follow in a second post.

WWII
  • Dunkirk by Joshua Levine - Story of the famous incident by the author who worked on the recent film, great condition PB $4
  • Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides - True story of a joint mission of US Rangers and Filipino guerillas to rescue 500+ POWs who had survived the Bataan death march, Good PB $3
  • Unbroken by Laura Hildebrand - Life story of Louis Zamperini, who ran in the Olympics, was shot down over the Pacific in WWII, spent 40+ days in a life raft, and then was a POW of the Japanese until the end of the war. Very good condition HC, $4
  • Band of Brothers by Stephen E Ambrose - First-hand accounts of 506th PIR in Normandy, Market Garden, more, PB in great shape, $4

Civil War & Earlier
  • April 1865 by Jay Winik - Covers the end of the Civil War: Appomattox, fall of Richmond, assassination of Lincoln, Southern guerillas, VG PB $4
  • Great Gambles of the Civil War by Philp Katcher - Gettysburg, Manassas, Vicksburg, more. VG PB $4
  • 1776 by David McCullough - Detailed story of those who marches with Washington, PB Good shape - $4
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E Ambrose - Story of Lewis & Clark expedition by the famous historian known for Band of Brothers and other WWII works - PB VG, $4

Modern
  • Modern Tanks and Fighting Vehicles by Ray Bonds - Illustrated guide to "current" tanks (in 1980) of US, Europe, USSR, and Japan, good condition HC $5
  • American Sniper by Chris Kyle - Autobiography of one of the most famous snipers in US history, VG PB, $3
  • It Doesn't Take a Hero by Norman Schwarzkopf - Autobiography of general most well know for 1991 Gulf War. Also talks about his service as platoon leader in Vietnam, Good HC $5
  • K-19 The Widowmaker by Peter Huchthausen - Story of a malfunctioning reactor and near nuclear disaster on a Soviet sub in 1961, VG PB, $4

Movies
  • Inglourious Basterds Quentin Tarantino's take on WWII. Includes a second disk with behind-the-scenes documentaries. VG used condition, $4
  • The Great Santini Robert Duvall as a gung-ho USMC aviator. Good used condition, $4
  • Saving Private Ryan Epic story of D-Day Omaha Beach and beyond. Good used condition, $4

Last edited by jasonc; 11-18-2019 at 03:32 PM.