View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnespappa View Post
I actually just sanded the stocks down with a random orbit sander and some hand sanding with a foam sanding block. Started with 120 and followed with 220. Five or six loving coats of Tru Oil and we were done.

I ordered the parts straight from Daisy (800) 643-3458. You want the Model 888 Trigger Housing (Part no. 888-13) since it has the screw hole already installed and you probably should order a spare Model 853 trigger assembly (Part no. 853-20). I also order the Model 888 screw assortment (not sure of part no), but the operator was very friendly and helpful. That way I knew I would have the trigger pull adjustment screw.
Thank you for the info! I will stay away from the orbit sander, I tend to get carried away, but will try a hand sanding with foam pads if it needs a refinish. Glad you mentioned the screw assortment as I would have thought the screw would have came with the housing. This will be fun for her to practice with, she is 5 and still needs some help, but I am not sure who enjoys our time more me or her. We have been going to the range with the same 22 rifle that I learned to shoot on many years ago!