• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADMIN
    Administrator
    • Aug 2010

New tradition set at well-attended inaugural new england cmp games

NEW TRADITION SET AT WELL-ATTENDED INAUGURAL NEW ENGLAND CMP GAMES - JERICHO, Vt. – Those who missed the inaugural New England Games passed up an incredible opportunity for leisurely competition, social amusement and unforgettable marksmanship memories below the beautiful Vermont mountains, Sept. 14-18, 2016. An eager group of over 150 rifle and pistol competitors arrived at the Camp Ethan Allen Training Site (CEATS) to fire in the latest installment to the growing number of the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) travel matches.

Read more at http://thecmp.org/new-tradition-set-...and-cmp-games/.
  • Craftsman
    • Oct 2009

It was an outstanding event, and I look forward to attending next year!
    Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
    Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater / Battle of the Bulge
    Dad - US Army 1954-1956 Infantry Radio/Morse Code Instructor, Fort Knox

VFW Patriots Circle Member
    NRA Life Member
    CMP - GSVMM Master Instructor

Comment

• epm729
      • Oct 2009

This was a fantastic event. I will attending next year for sure. Eddie

Comment

• TrapperXX
        • Feb 2015

I would love to go next year but have zero experience in these types of events and don't think I'd know what to do and what I need. That's what kept me away this year.
        Hebrews 9:27
        Better make sure you know Jesus.

Comment

• epm729
          • Oct 2009

TrapperXX,
          If you have a rifle and ammunition your on your way. You don't have to have all kinds of gear. A spotting scope is good to have. Most of the rest you can improvise. A movers blanket for a mat, a canvas coat, a oven mitt for a glove. I've seen all these used, some I used myself at one time or another. Also, you will be surprised with the amount of help you will get from other shooters. Everyone wants a new guy to enjoy themselves and do well.
          So don't be bashful, sign up for a match be it local or regional and have a great time. Eddie
          Last edited by epm729; 10-06-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Ryan V
            • Jan 2010

TrapperXX, dig around and see if there is a local club with CMP matches. Start there. It will be a laid back kind of match.

I did, back when the CMP required proof of marksmanship to purchase. I can still remember how silly nervous i was shooting my first match. It was good for me.

It is universal that at least 95 percent of the guys you will meet at a match are worth meeting and will treat you like gold.

Comment

• TrapperXX
              • Feb 2015

Thank you guys
              I really would like that and will look into it further.
              My club has 400 yard rifle and I have shot my M1s out that far. I do a lot better at 100 though..ha
              I'd like to attend next year.
              Hebrews 9:27
              Better make sure you know Jesus.

Comment

• Craftsman
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TrapperXX View Post
                Thank you guys
                I really would like that and will look into it further.
                My club has 400 yard rifle and I have shot my M1s out that far. I do a lot better at 100 though..ha
                I'd like to attend next year.
                The GSM matches at the New England games, and there were 4 of them over 3 days, are all fired from 200 yards. Bring an M1 carbine and you can also shoot that fun 40 round match, that is fired from 100 yards!
                Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
                Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater / Battle of the Bulge
                Dad - US Army 1954-1956 Infantry Radio/Morse Code Instructor, Fort Knox

VFW Patriots Circle Member
                NRA Life Member
                CMP - GSVMM Master Instructor

Comment

Working...
                X