View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 PM

Torsk.......Baltimore is my home town,........even so I am glad I didnt get economically trapped there.............Ohio is a free state, Maryland is not......

Any way, during the time my children were grade school, late 1960s, we visited Baltimore several times a year. On one occasion when we had been to the B&O museum, we passed the Torsk berth. Gate was open, I drove my '66 Pontiac wagon in next to the boat. We got out & took a few pictures with our Kodak Brownie. Kids wanted to go over on the boat to take a picture...sure.....wasnt anyone around. Wife & I went forward, looked aft, no kids........hastened back to an open hatch just in time to see a little blonde head turn from the ladder & a gruff male voice sounded rather sternly, "Whatta you kids doing here.???" I had decided to go down then & sang out.........told him we were visitors from Ohio.........quiet for a minute then he said "OK, go ahead & look around but stay on this deck." We wandered around for some time but never saw the man with the voice, kids said he wasnt in a uniform.........looking back on that incident, I suspect the boat may have still been commissioned. Was several years later it became part of the museum.

My girls are 57, 55, 53 now.........

PJH