View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S99VG View Post
Again, performance may be a measure of inches and not miles, but the 03 action has always struck me as an over complication of the basic Mauser design. I think the Mauser lends itself to better, or easier, bedding. It isn't encombered with an unnecessary mag cut-off and doesn't have the 03s less than stellar sighting system regarding its use as a battle rifle. Performance can be measured in many ways and these are just a few items in which the 03 doesn't really shine. Now for personal use I'd pick an 03A3, 1917, No. 4 Mk. I Enfield and M38 Swedish Mauser in that order. I really don't champion one rifle design over another. For classy looks though it's hard to beat a C-stocked 03. I'm not going to add IMHO because I obviously am not parroting someone else's opinion.
Well noted! I appreciate the educated response. How is the A3s sighting system less than stellar? Unless your preference is for forward mounted open sights (few people)....rear mounted aperture sights of any kind are almost always an improvement.

Bill