View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
HI Flipseat,thanks for responding on the other thread and your current post.Looks like you did well on the racker.
Last month I received my RG Forestry carbine and it also had different #s on the stock and the receiver.NO #s or stamps inside the hand guard.Aiso on mine somone tried to grind off the Bavarian Forestry police stamp.Yours too?
I'm not complaining.Luck of the draw got me a Saginaw S'G' and it looks and shoots good.Im trying to get an idea if mismatched stocks and ground off letters are more common on the Forestry RG than the Rural Police models.
Happy new year.

Hey Fishman,
It doesn't appear that anyone tried to grind off any of the markings on this one. The stock appears to have been stamped with the s/n of a different rifle, but the handguard is stamped with the same # so at least they are matching.... although the stock is stamped "HI" in the sling well and "OI" on the bottom of the hand guard. Also noticed today that the rear of the trigger assembly (Inland) is stamped with the last 4 digits of the s/n on the receiver. The slide is stamped as well... the bolt is hand etched. I'm unsure where this was all done. Does yours have any of this? What kind of shape is yours in overall?