Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deldriver
    • Sep 2010

As stated knowing more about it would help determine a value, but I think there's more out there at better pricing so if I were you I'd pass, unless you just had to have it.

Comment

• bandofM1
      • Feb 2013

$800-1000 fair today for good shooter we with 2 m.e. and shiney bore mix master. The days of cheap carbines has been gone long time ago. Junk import marked carbines are $700 and up today. Most nice shooters today are closer to $1100.
      Last edited by bandofM1; 12-25-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• glockcop
        • Jan 2015

As long as it doesn't have the dreaded import mark. That ruins everything.

Comment

• leadhead
          • Oct 2009

What does having a import mark have to do with it?
          I have a Underwood that has a tiny import mark under
          the barrel that can hardly be seen, and it is in great
          shape and a great shooter. Yes, I've seen the horrible

Blue Sky marks that were crushed into the side of the
          barrel. Now that's a different story. I have no problem
          with tiny import marks that are very hard to see. It
          doesn't take away from what the carbine really is and
          it is just a part of it's history.
          Denny

Comment

• 309Carbine
            • Feb 2017

Import mark is mostly a head-thing to collectors. Many carbines were imported prior to the GCA of 1968, when marking became law. The import mark can devalue the carbine in the market, but has little to do with how it performs. Most of us have heard about bent barrels on Blue Sky marked guns, but I don’t know if anyone has ever shown an example of such.

Comment

• leadhead
              • Oct 2009

Yea, I understand the thinking, but damn, there real M1 carbines.

Comment

• 309Carbine
                • Feb 2017

I completely agree and I have now and have previously owned and shot an import. My current shooter has Blue Sky plastered on the barrel and it’s as good as any I have owned or have now.

I think it sort-of works out. When you see an import carbine for sale, the price is generally lower than an unmarked gun and you can get a very good shooter at a discount. Everything comes into play though and condition is everything. I would purchase an import marked gun in better shape than a non-import gun for a reduced price any day.

There are thousands and thousands of import marked guns in the market, not just carbines.

Comment

• leadhead
                  • Oct 2009

I bought my Underwood from a gunsmith who was about to go
                  out of business and the stock had been sanded pretty badly
                  and he said he was going to work on it later. I asked him what
                  he wanted for it the way it was, and he said $260. I jumped
                  on it right away. Picked up a really nice Underwood stock at a gun show for $50 bucks and ended up with a great carbine for cheep.
                  Denny

Comment

• Mountain Walker
                    • Oct 2009

In 2009 there was a great time warp and thousands of 1940’s M1 Carbines were released to the CMP. I had always wanted one and quick as a wink ordered a Service Grade Inland Motors for $495. When it came it was labeled as a Bavarian and dated 8-44. This would have meant it was never issued to a GI, but was sent to Steiermark, Austria where it was in storage for 64 years. They took such good care of it there are no dings and only minuscule rust and cosmoline left to clean up. It even came with a certificate, which means I can send it in if it ever needs repair. Sure wished I had ordered a few more.

Comment

• skohler
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mountain Walker View Post
                      In 2009 there was a great time warp and thousands of 1940’s M1 Carbines were released to the CMP. I had always wanted one and quick as a wink ordered a Service Grade Inland Motors for $495. When it came it was labeled as a Bavarian and dated 8-44. This would have meant it was never issued to a GI, but was sent to Steiermark, Austria where it was in storage for 64 years. They took such good care of it there are no dings and only minuscule rust and cosmoline left to clean up. It even came with a certificate, which means I can send it in if it ever needs repair. Sure wished I had ordered a few more.
                      ???

Comment

• milwaukeeshaker
                        • Oct 2009

The devaluation due to import marks is one of the dumbest things about carbine collecting. The mark is just evidence of another chapter in the firearms history.
                        Last edited by milwaukeeshaker; 01-14-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Det. Jason 714
                          • Oct 2009

Agree

Originally posted by milwaukeeshaker View Post
                          The devaluation due to import marks is one of the dumbest things about carbine collecting. The mark is just evidence of another chapter in the firearms history.
                          Shows without a doubt it was over seas.
                          "Let Freedom PING!"

Comment

• i1afli
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Mountain Walker View Post
                            When it came it was labeled as a Bavarian and dated 8-44. This would have meant it was never issued to a GI, but was sent to Steiermark, Austria where it was in storage for 64 years.

It even came with a certificate, which means I can send it in if it ever needs repair. Sure wished I had ordered a few more.
                            I learn something new every day.

Comment

• finnmosin
                              • Oct 2009

All things equal a cmp certificate rifle will have sell for a premium over a carbine with no paper. And a equal carbine with a import mark will sell for less.
                              As determined by the logic of the market.

Comment

• milwaukeeshaker
                                • Oct 2009

CMP certificate = import marked carbine, ie FAT on the stock, and FAT * stamped in the top of the barrel under the handguard on the majority of their past offerings. They are also predominately rebuilt "mixmasters", which lowers the desirability. So a CMP cert. makes the carbine more valuable? But a CAI or Blue Sky mark devalues the carbine???? Go figure. What a bunch of baloney!
                                Last edited by milwaukeeshaker; 01-19-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X