View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
My suggestion is that you carefully readthe grade description and expect to get exactly that. If you get anything better it will be a bonus . This way there is no dissapointment

FIELD GRADE: (Fair to Good)
Field Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Fair to good condition. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some minor pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than 3 on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge less than 5 well within US Army standards. Do not expect rifles in mint condition in this grade.
Yes, I read all that before. When I asked that question I meant more specifically what others were receiving, on average, when ordering a field grade.