View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 PM

Default New Garand (first one!)

This past Friday evening, I decided to make the trip to the North Store to check on availability of a HRA SG and to look around.

I was the first customer. There were about 20-25 HRA SG to choose from. After looking through the racks, I narrowed my choice down to two. Jim at the desk, inspected them for me and helped me choose a 5.6 HRA with a HRA barrel and SA trigger group. I was able to get one with no Greek park on any components. The card stated it was a 2 at the muzzle and 2 at the throat. Jim gauged it for me and he said it was more like 1.25 at the muzzle and just under two at the throat.

It has a pumpkin stock, but after getting numbers like that, who cares? I refinish or replace over the winter.

I picked up a can of HXP and a box of enblocs to round out my purchase. I took it out Sunday and I'm shooting it better than the loaner rifles at my club's highpower shoots. Tomorrow will be my first club shoot with it and I am very excited.

My thanks to Jim at the desk, Melissa and "The Boss" in the office in making my first M1 purchase a very pleasant one. I hope to be able to make another visit in July to pick up some more ammo and tools.